Fever

Lou's POV:

Where is she? She should be here by now...

I was walking back and forth at the back of the stage. Mandy and I agreed to sing a song for the dolls together. This is also going to be the first time that we sing together on the stage. I was already holding the mic as I walked back and forth. Then Ox suddenly appeared towards me.

"Lou, it's already time. Are you ready?" he then asked.

"But Mandy isn't here yet," I replied.

"We can't keep the dolls waiting. Just check up on her after your performance," he said.

I sighed.

"Ok," I said.

Then the curtains started to open. The dolls started cheering, including Ox and my other friends. I cleared my throat and spoke through the mic.

"Thank you and welcome everyone. As you may all know, we have a new batch of dolls. So as a special welcome, I will perform a song for them!" I announced.

The dolls cheered once again.

"But before I begin, I just want to let you all know that today's song is supposed to be a duet. But unfortunately, my girlfriend is not here yet. And I'm not quite sure if she's late or something came up. So I'm going to do it solo. I hope you all enjoy it!"

Then the music started to play and the spotlight was on me.

(This is what Lou was singing)

After Lou's performance

Lou's POV:

It was already afternoon when I finished my performance. The spy girls already assisted the dolls to their home. I was walking down the stage when I saw Moxy run up to me.

"Great song as always, Lou!" she complimented.

"Yep, your practice really paid off," Ox said, giving me a pat on the back.

"Thanks. By the way, have you seen Mandy?" I said.

"Aren't you two together?" Moxy asked.

"Well, no, didn't you hear me on the stage earlier? Mandy wasn't there with me. That's why I performed solo," I replied.

"Oh, right. No, sorry, Lou," Moxy.

I sighed.

"It's ok, Moxy," I said, looking down.

Then Ox put a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look at him.

"Why don't you go check up on her at her house?" he suggested.

I smiled.

"Good idea, Ox," I then replied.

I then made my way to Mandy's house. When I got there, I knocked on her door. There was no response when I knocked for the second time. Then finally, Mandy answered the door after I knocked for the third time.

"Hey, Lou..." Mandy said in a low voice.

"Hey, Mandy- Oh my...what happened?" I was shocked.

She was wrapping herself in a blanket and she had bags under her eyes. 

"Oh uh, come in first..." she said as she hold the door for me.

I went inside and closed the door. I then hugged her and she was really warm. I then put a hand on her forehead.

"Oh, Mandy...what happened?" I worriedly asked as I looked at her.

"I'm sorry, Lou. I suddenly had a fever that's why I couldn't attend earlier. I'm sorry for not informing you sooner..." she replied.

I then kissed her forehead and smiled at her.

"It's ok, love. I understand," I said.

She smiled weakly.

"Come on, let's get you to bed so you can rest," I said as I accompany her to her bedroom.

She lay in bed and I placed the blanket properly on her. I took off her glasses and put them on top of the drawers next to her bed. I then grabbed a chair and put it beside her bed. I sat down and held her hand. Mandy just looked at me with a smile. I smiled back at her.

"Don't worry, love. I'll take care of you."