՜՞՜31՜՞՜

The blanket was probably a bad idea. Or the placement of it was not well thought out.

I was sweating so much. It wasn't just the blanket; his body heat and the fact that my face was buried in the crook of his neck definitely contributed to it.

As I fully woke up, I made an effort to move as little as possible, allowing him to get a few extra minutes of sleep. I knew he wasn't getting any at his place.

I glanced at my phone and saw messages from Clay, asking me to tell George to check his phone. I didn't open the texts because I simply couldn't fulfill his request; George was asleep, and I felt uncomfortable telling that to his friend.

Instead, I sent a simple "you won't believe" text to my own friend as a morning greeting. I had a strong felling that she would come over today, because boy, I had a lot to share.

I think I managed to slip away without disturbing him too much, although I had to place a pillow under his head because it had been resting on top of mine. It worked like a charm.

I stole a glance at him, and my heart fluttered. The way his hair was matted against his neck where my face had been, the shirt clinging to his body, and that slight pout on his lips – it was all just... god, he was so perfect.

I had to force myself to look away cause my heart was about to explode over a sleeping grown man, which was very embarrassing for me.

I went to the bathroom, and the embarrassment continued as I smiled at myself in the mirror while brushing my teeth. I'm not even sure why I was smiling; I just felt like it.

Then I made up my mind to take a quick shower because I could practically peel my shirt off my body if I tried. I attempted to keep the water noise down, if that made sense, but he still woke up and caught sight of me tiptoeing to my room in a towel.

"What a sight to wake up to," his morning voice almost made me drop the towel.

"Don't look," I teased, noticing him checking me out while munching on a banana, which I'm not sure where he found. I just love how he's making himself comfortable here.

"I'm not looking, don't worry." He was pretty much staring and making it obvious on purpose.

"Do I deserve a share?" I approached him, taking a couple of steps closer and holding out my hand, ready for my piece of the banana.

"What do I get in return?" He kindly broke off a chunk and handed it over.

"Words of gratitude," I took a bite of the generous piece, "thank you."

"Sorry, only kisses accepted as payment today."

I sighed, trying to hide how his words made me smile. I leaned to give him a kiss on the cheek and, obviously, fell for the oldest trick in the book. He turned his head and pecked my lips.

He tried to wrap an arm around my waist and bring me closer to him, but I stopped him.

"One sudden move, and my towel is gone." I warned. He withdrew his hand and planted a kiss on my forehead instead.

And it just warmed my heart so much how he respected my words and didn't rush anything. None of the guys I'd been with were like this. I hadn't even known that guys like him existed.

I headed to my room and changed into some clothes. Meanwhile, he was busy fixing his hair in front of the bathroom mirror. It turned into quite an ordeal; even after I was done getting dressed and applying my creams and lotions, he was still there, working on his hair.

"Is it still horrendous?" He asked, moving a single strand back and forth as if he couldn't determine whether it should be on the right or left side.

"It was never horrendous," I smiled, "looks really good when it's messy."

That was all he needed to stop touching his hair. And just like he would say, he valued my humble opinion.

"Your friends were asking you to check your phone," I finally informed him.

"Who are my friends?" His question awakened the obsessive monster in me.

"Not the kittens, unfortunately," even after he changed the name, I couldn't let it go, "it was Clay. He texted me."

"Since when does he text you?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing slightly. And I don't know why it mattered and why it made him frown.

"Since you were dying in the hospital and he kept me updated on whether I had killed you or not."

He had a moment of reminiscence, throwing his head back sighing, "Almost forgot about that."

Eventually, he checked his phone, and it seemed like he had once again forgotten about his questionable plans. I hesitated to ask him about what the plans were, as curiosity was getting the best of me, but decided against it. He wouldn't be so secretive about them if he wanted me to know.

"Ah, I gotta run," he said, still focused on his phone. Then he slipped it in his pocket, "Don't stay up too late, I might not be around tonight."

Oh.

I suppose he can't stay at my place forever, watching that space show and falling asleep while holding hands. Why did I even think that was an option?

I can't even define what we are right now. I should stop planning our future and getting disappointed when it doesn't go according to plan.

"Okay," I tried my best to play it cool, "have fun."

"I'll try," he smiled, getting ready to leave.

Then I remembered something.

"Oh, you left your jacket in here!" It was becoming a part of my house decor sitting folded on the chair.

I wanted to go and get it, but he held my hand to stop me.

"I'll grab it next time, don't worry about it," he gently pulled from my hand to give me a parting hug, and for some reason, it was the most adorable thing. Maybe because he kissed my hair when we pulled away.

And just like that, he left.

My phone was buzzing like crazy with my friend's texts because I completely forgot that I had made a scandalous announcement earlier in the morning.

I ended up inviting her over because there was just too much to explain over a call or text. And she arrived in about an hour, totally ready and prepared.

She brought popcorn.