՜՞՜32՜՞՜

Maya was more than prepared to hear what I had to tell her. But first, we decided to grab some lunch together.

She already kind of knew what I was going to tell her. Before I even started, she'd put on a fake British accent every now and then and call me 'darling' or 'love' just to tease me about it.

The setting for the story time was perfect.

My bedroom had two beds, since I used to have a roommate. So we each occupied a bed, situated parallel to each other, our backs propped against the opposing walls as I started where we left off the last time.

She was chewing on that popcorn, obliterating it, while listening to me with an intense focus and dedication, and when I got to the kissing part, she slapped her hand against her mouth.

"Fucking took you long enough!" She cheered, but I pressed my finger to my lips to quiet her down in case my dear neighbors could hear us, "I'm gonna scream into the pillow, wait."

And she did. I just kept laughing and kicking my feet like an idiot while she was having a freak out session.

That's how eventless my personal life has been. So eventless that my best friend almost suffocated over me kissing a guy.

"So... was it just a kiss or..?" I knew that question was coming.

"It was just a kiss," I nodded, "I'm still traumatized over the last three times."

It was a running joke how I've only slept with someone three times in my life, and each of the experiences was a complete disaster.

My very first time lasted two minutes, and the guy said I love you by the end of it. The second time I got slapped without my consent, and for the grand finale, the third and the last time I was getting maneuvered into acrobatical poses. It was an overall unenjoyable experience.

"The fourth time is the charm," she chuckled, "and he seems respectful. Won't slap you at least."

"He is very respectful," I smiled, and immediately regretted it cause Maya started making one of those faces, "What?"

"Nothing, nothing," she shrugged, "you're talking about him with literal heart eyes, it's so cute."

"No, I'm not..." I protested, forcing back a smile, "am I?"

"Didn't think I'd live to see the day when you'd be so in love-"

"Stop!" That word gives me a heart attack every time, "I'm not in.. that."

"Fine, sorry," she knew I'd freak out if she continued, "send me his socials tho, I still don't know how he looks."

Oh...

Uh...

How do I tell her that I only have his number? And I got it like yesterday.

"Listen, I know it's gonna sound weird, but-"

"He's not on social media!?" She said it as if it was a crime.

"No, it's not that.. we just never exchanged socials." I only realized it's weird when I said it out loud. But we've been seeing each other every day, it wasn't that crucial, I guess.

"Oh.." she bit the corner of her lip, "it's fine, we'll find him now. Do you know his last name?"

Why did I never think of searching him up?

"Yeah, Davidson." I knew that one by heart.

"Ooh, I like it. Aria Davidson?" she did her little shoulder wiggle before taking out her phone, "Okay, come here, let's find him."

There weren't any accounts linked to his number, so we both just typed out George Davidson on each of our phones, and went into it blindly.

I was checking the first few accounts of the random men that popped up on Instagram to make sure none of them was him, even though I could clearly see from the profile pictures, while Maya was aggressively scrolling and tapping.

"I swear, you follow one Minecraft guy, and suddenly every single suggestion is about them." She sounded so pissed, it was kinda funny.

"What do you mean?" My eyes were still fixed on the accounts without profile pictures. I have a feeling that he's one of these ones.

"It's all fan accounts of Georgenotfound," she huffed, "I just can't escape my past."

"Who's that?" I never entered the minecraft phase, but I remember Maya being head over heels for that one Wilbur guy. She sent me ten edits per day during quarantine.

"I can't believe the weight of the rock you're living under," she didn't really give me an answer, "give me your phone, my suggestions are fucked."

She yanked my phone and I grabbed hers. And while she was continuing her search through the faceless accounts and asking me information about George, my face froze at her screen.

Uhm..

Every single account had George's face as a profile picture?

I started blinking repeatedly, thinking it got so bad that I started hallucinating, but the image before my eyes didn't change.

"Is he this one? Bio has an UK flag and he's a brunette.." Maya shoved my phone into my eyes for me to look, but I was too stunned to even pay attention.

"What? Yeah, no.." I barely mumbled.

"Okay, it's gonna be the next one, wait."

I couldn't pay attention to her words. I clicked on one of the accounts, the profile picture clearly of George in a headset, smiling. And every post had Georgenotfound tagged.

I clicked on the account. Millions of followers, and his face in every post. I wasn't hallucinating. It wasn't a dream. It was him, I swear.

But it just couldn't be real, right? It didn't make any sense.

But it made a lot of sense.

Oh my god, it suddenly made so much sense.

"Crushing on Georgenotfound, I see?" Maya's voice startled me as she glanced over and caught me scrolling through pictures of George, "So, British brunettes are your thing, huh?"

"Wh- what? No. No, I'm just.. I just.. no."

I was so confused and shocked that I couldn't bring myself to tell her. I needed time to digest this before feeding it to other people.

"It's okay, you can admit it. Everyone simps for George at least once in their life."

Everyone? For George?

My George-

My neighbor George?