007

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀HEARTBURN !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SEVEN ・*: ·. ⇌ ஜ  .·:*┛

Julianna stands bored in the same spot in the elevator for the third time.

Enzo decided he didn't need to train, she wouldn't either if she were him. Julianna on the other hand, spent her first two training days wandering around and pretending to ignore Enzo. So yeah, this time Julianna had to brush up on her skills.

And for the third time, the door stops on floor six and reveals Haymitch. Her eyebrows shoot up, almost surprised he continued to ride down with her again. He rolls his eyes, leading Katniss into the elevator before him. Julianna nods at her tribute, narrowing her eyes at Haymitch.

"I'm beginning to think you stand there all day, waiting for me." She says, tilting her head.

Haymitch huffs, "Oh yes, that's how I love spending my time."

"I know." She smirks, glancing at Katniss who looked uncomfortable between the two of them. "How are your training's going?"

"Good," Katniss nods, her voice was robotic- like she practiced her lines.

Julianna snickered, "I'm glad, you'll need it."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Katniss sniped.

Julianna raised her hands in defense. "Nothing, actually- but if you'd like some tips-"

"She doesn't." Haymitch responds for her, shrugging as Katniss sent him a glare.

Julianna smiles, nodding. "Right, of course not. I just hope Katniss does well in the heat, from what I've heard, it's going to get wet in there."

Julianna's hallow eyes follow Knox as he paces the room in circles, hands clasped together behind his neck.

Quinn is sat nervously next to her; she was biting at the tips of her fingers so much Julianna had to get her a paper towel to clean up the blood three times in the past ten minutes. The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, she might. No one speaks, what is there to say? Platitudes won't cut it right now.

A small pair of gold earrings lay on the glass table in front of them, Julianna couldn't bring herself to look at them. Over the past few days of training, the girl found herself in the elevator with Haymitch and Katniss more than any of them liked. And yet it seemed that the redhead peaked the old drunk's interest so much that he deemed it appropriate to leave her a gift, a gift Knox found before Julianna.

She wasn't sure what to make of it, but she was sure that Knox was furious. If any of the districts thought that someone from district 2 could get along with someone from district 12, then what? Julianna would never get any sponsors; Julianna would have to kill Katniss in the first five minutes of the game.

"What gives him the nerve? She's only 25!" Knox repeats, face beat red.

"It's inappropriate." Quinn agrees.

Julianna shrugs, eyes now trained on the brown box where the earrings were placed delicately. They were dull, the gift was not shimmering or covered in diamonds. It was almost like Haymitch made sure they wouldn't be noticeable.

"If anyone finds out-"

"Finds what out?" Enzo says, standing suddenly in the doorway of her dining room. He was there to collect her, whether she liked it or not.