009

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀HEARTBURN !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 NINE ・*: ·. ⇌ ஜ .·:*┛

   One night Julianna and her father sat side by side, staring up at the stars.

   And without hesitation, she whispered, 'I don't think you're a good person'.

   'And you are?' He asked quietly.

   'no.' She says, 'I'm too much like you for that'.

   Julianna couldn't remember when exactly she realized that her father wasn't the man, she thought he was, but she knew it was far before she understood anything else. She remembers being upset at herself for hating him, but as she got older, she was upset she loved him.

   How do you tell someone the reason you're sad is because you love them?

   Answer?

   You don't. Not when you know that person will take that love as a weakness and turn it into a weapon, not when you know they'll hold it over your head every day for the rest of your life. Julianna Hart never told her father she loved him.

   But does that mean Enzo will be the same?

   She's sitting in front of him now, head low with her hands tucked under her thighs as she anticipates him to say something. Anything. He's sitting across from her now just as her father would, shoulders raised to make himself appear bigger than her.

   "I just don't know, Jules." He sighs heavily, peering down at the gold chain sitting in between them.

   "Do you know what my family would do if they found out I was involved in some sort of rebellion? Do you understand the chaos that would ensue?" Enzo went on, his hands flailing about as he spoke.

  Just as her fathers would.

   "And what happens if this doesn't go their way? Do you think they'll just forgive us just like that?" Enzo rants, his face turning red.

   "I'm doing this with or without you, Enzo." Julianna finally speaks up, raising her head. "But I beg you to do this with me, for me."

   In contrary to what she told Finnick and Haymitch, Julianna had made up her mind. All it took was one elevator ride to decide whether or not this was worth it. In the end? It wouldn't matter if Enzo was there or not in her final moments, because those moments would be hers.

   And hers only.

   "Do you not care? Do you not understand what this could do to you?" Enzo questioned as if she had gone under some sort of psychotic break.

  "What do I have to lose?" She asks quietly, fumbling with the earrings that were tucked away.

   "Think of what they'll do to Tristan–"

   "Tristan can handle himself," Julianna snaps, Enzo clamps his mouth shut. "He's made his choice, and now I've made mine."

   "So, what? If I don't agree to this alliance what happens when we come face to face in that arena? I'll have no choice but to–"