II.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( pizza convos and rat dads )

SOUNDS OF WHAT seemed to be jumbled attempts of explanations were abruptly thrusted at you from your position against a rusted staircase leading to the outside of your apartment building.

the vigilante karate turtles, whom you came to know as leonardo, raphael, donnatello, and michelangelo, were currently bestowing information regarding their existence upon your stunned figure, not seeming to notice the obvious look of bewilderment weaved within your features.

finally growing rather irritated at the lack of clear facts you were actually getting, you narrowed your gaze and stood from your spot atop the second to last step of the stairwell with a hand raised in confusion. "okay, stop, stop, stop, stop— just stop."

your voice prompted a sudden silence to fall over the teenagers, their eyes all baring into your own as you gazed down at the stenograph pad in your hand while lightly dragging your disheveled mechanical pencil over the words you had managed to scribble down.

"okay, you were real baby turtles," you started, your eyes still stuck to the paper pinched between your fingers as the four moved to sit down in their spots, a box of pizza you had purchased resting in the hands of leonardo. "who made contact with mystery ooze... and therefore... started to age from mutant- baby turtles to mutant... turtle... men... guys?"

"uh, turtle boys, actually," michelangelo chimed in, drumming on the material of his plastron in thought before his older brother cut in.

"i- i would say teens, y'know?" leo awkwardly quipped, holding a hand out in front of mikey to draw your attention toward his taller figure. "i would say cool teens."

his words elicited sounds of agreement from his brothers, donnie and raph adding their own thoughts to the summary of your words as you nodded with a smile.

"teenagers- teenagers!" you repeated, turning back to your notepad to scribble down the information. "i thought so- awesome, insane— well, uh, tell me more, obviously!"

pressing on the upper side of your mechanical pencil's eraser to access more lead, you looked back over to the replies with an eager excitement lacing the color of your irises. "i want to know everything about you! like- like, is there more of... you?"

"nope, just us," donnatello answered simply, watching with an interested smile as you moved to write more in your notebook.

"they are alone in the world," you murmured while you took down the note. "and, like, nobody's ever asked you about this? or- or talked to you about this?"