chapter 1

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ------------------------------------ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

the manor of the valeria family was as usual, dark, dim and lifeless. everything y/n hated. fortunately- or rather unfortunately, y/n couldn't focus on how depressing the manor seemed as she was receiving another long lecture from her dear mother. "dios mio y/n! expelled? hijo de puta, do you think this behavior will make the dark lord consider making you the high reeve?" her mother screamed as she looked to the floor with an unreadable expression on her face. "mama what if i don't want to become the high reeve? what if i'm not ready?" the slap that landed on y/n's cheek stung as she stared at her mother in shock. "say that again and your father will hear about this." her mother spat, looking at her with disgust and disdain. y/n's hand started to shake as she watched her mother walk into the unilluminated hallway, her figure slowly fading.

y/n stormed up to her room, rage flooding through her veins. grabbing a large suitcase she stuffed any article of clothing she could find. once she finished packing her life into one bag she turned to look at her pet cat, salem. the cat meowed and clawed at y/n's pants. "salem...i'll be back soon okay? i just need to go somewhere. i can't stay here anymore." y/n teared up as she lugged the luggage around the manor, searching for a certain vault. she ended up infront of the furthest part of the manor, a bulletproof tungsten vault. typing in the passcode, the mechanics started turning and as it opened, the sheer amount of gold shone so brightly it made y/n sheild her eyes. "i don't think they'll notice even if i take just a few of these." y/n said, stuffing a few galleons and gold into her tote bag. 

                                                         ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ------------------------------------ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

y/n laid in a foreign bed, recalling yesterdays events. the room shook as a train passed by, specks of debris falling on her face, waking her up. 

(first person)

god, where am i supposed to go now. how stupid am i for running away. this money won't last me forever. in the middle of my internal rant i heard multiple voices downstairs. should i go down? it won't hurt right, i mean i have nothing to lose. i groaned as i pulled myself out of bed and slipped on my shark slippers. the stairs creaked with every step i took as the place seemed quite rundown. i saw mops of brown hair in the crowd of orange. it seemed like a family, something i longed for. 

(third person)

y/n stood at the bottom of the steps awkwardly as she was deciding whether to go upstairs or introduce herself. molly weasley, a rather plump woman with short orange hair took notice of y/n and her motherly instincts kicked in. "oh hello dear, where are your parents?" y/n stuttered as she looked at the woman in front of her, "oh uh. i ran away." molly's eyes widened and she gasped, her eyes full of worry, "i bet they're worried sick for you honey, do you want me to call them?" y/n chuckled and waved her hand, "no need miss. don't think they would care." arthur overheard the conversation and stood beside his wife. "oh hello y/n." y/n looked at the man and smiled, she could recognize that warm face anywhere. "arthur do you know this girl?" his wife asked with raised eyebrows. 

"yes, she's part of the valeria family. her parents are higher ups in the ministry, i've seen them around. saw y/n once too when she followed her dad. managed to sneak away from him and found herself in the department of misuse of muggles artifacts." arthur said winking playfully at y/n and messing up her hair. "mom did it again." y/n said solemnly, looking at the ground sighing. arthur and y/n had a close connection as she followed her dad to the ministry just to visit him.  she would look up to him as a father figure and often found herself telling him her struggles with her home life. arthur shook his head and looked at y/n sadly, "molly, you should introduce her to everyone. i'm sure hermoine and ginny would love to have another girl around here." 

y/n follows molly to a vast dining room area with a long oak table, and sitting around the table are teenagers around her age. 

AN: first chapter out ahhh i'm so happy !! also for those who have read my other book and r wondering why i've started another one instead of finishing it is that i'll be putting it on a short hiatus until i get inspo for another chapter or u guys can request some ideas <3