chapter 2

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ------------------------------------ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

(third person)

the golden trio and the weasley siblings looked at y/n, the silence unbearable. y/n could feel sweat forming on her forehead from the anxiety. she has never been around this many teenagers before. 

y/n chuckled awkwardly before waving meekly, "uh hi. i'm y/n valeria...whats up?"

y/n could hear gasps around the table and she internally groaned. hermoine was the next to speak, "like from the valeria family? i've read about your family in one of the books at hogwarts!" ginny smiled warmly at y/n and gestured to the empty seat beside her. once y/n was properly situation ginny introduced herself and the others.

"i'm ginny weasley, on my right is hermoine granger, the brains of the group. in front of her and me are george and fred weasley. they're twins if you couldn't tell, the biggest trouble makers of hogwarts too. beside them is harry potter and the one beside him and you is ron weasley."

y/n took mental note as she looked at the people around her. hermoine is definitely the smartest one based on the statement she previously made. ginny must be the most independent and forceful girl y/n has ever met. george seems the more sensible and sensitive out of the twins, never the less, still goofy and energetic. fred appears to be more playful yet overprotective. y/n also took note on how george had sharper features while fred's were softer. for their noses, george's nose slants down towards the tip/end and has a more rigid look to it. however, fred's nose goes out straight and does not have a rigid look. y/n felt proud of herself for noticing this.  harry gives the impression of the shy, not a fan of being in the spotlight (how ironic, seeing as he is the chosen one), humble and extremely loyal. ron just looked like a lazy and hot headed person to y/n. she wasn't particularly feeling him as he stared at her intensely. little did she know, it was because he was never good with interacting with girls- much less very pretty ones. 

y/n smiled politely to all of them. fred and george made eye contact and shared a knowing look filled with mischief, "so y/n where do you go to school? do you have a boyfriend? how old are you?" y/n felt like her head was going to snap off as she looked between the two finishing each others' sentences. 

"oh uh, i recently was expelled from durmstrang. no i don't have a boyfriend and i'm 14." y/n replied looking away shyly as she felt scrutinised under the twins' gaze. 

"expelled? for what?" ginny asked with a raised eyebrow. "you don't seem the type to get into trouble." george teased, "and how is that a pretty girl like you, does not have a boyfriend?" fred said while winking at y/n. 

y/n's face turned beet red as she tried her best to answer the questions. "i fought with another student for spreading rumours about me. wasn't even a huge fight, just threw a few hands here and there. durmstrang is strict with their rules though. also, i don't know, no boys asked me out so i never had to accept or reject any confessions." y/n shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. the others looked at her, some in shock, impressed- and hermoine; amused yet disappointed. 

"you could've seriously gotten hurt y/n! getting into a fight like that. telling a professor or better yet, the headmaster is the smarter option." ron scoffed and rolled his eyes at this. "hermoine, don't you think that's bloody amazing! she stood up for herself. wish i could do that with malfoy, afraid he'll get his daddy to come after me though."

hermoine furrowed her eyebrows and looked at ron with a 'wtf' look but he just looked away. 

molly and arthur came into the room not long after, looking tired. "alright kids time for bed, that means you too y/n. and an owl dropped this off for you. it's a letter from hogwarts. dumbledore must've known you were here. never misses anything that man" molly sighed in admiration then ushered the kids upstairs. when everyone left, y/n looked at the letters in her hand with glee. she did a little victory dance before opening the letter with no mercy. she scanned the words that welcomed her to hogwarts and had a list of things required for the school year.

(first person)

i felt tears in my eyes threatening to fall and something caught in my throat- out of joy of course. this was it. i could start a new life without my wicked parents and fake friends. i could possibly become friends with the people i met. maybe i can throw the whole thing with the dark lord away and lead a humble life. i went upstairs with a skip in my step as i recalled todays events. i never felt so happy in my entire life. 

i was about to open the door to my room when i saw harry standing in the hallway. 

"harry? is that you?" i squinted as it was quite dark. harry came into the light, a red tint on his face, "yeah sorry. just wanted to make sure you got to your room okay. i know the whole story with the valeria family and all. at first i was afraid voldemort sent you here to kill me but i could tell y/n. i could tell you were a good person. whatever led you to run away from your home, i hope it means that you'll live a better life." y/n stood there speechless as harry made his way to his room. y/n felt a smile grow on her face and warmth in her heart as she laid in her bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

A/N: a lil long chapter almost 1000 words!! quite rushed tho so if there are any typos or things that don't make sense, pls ignore it huhu. i'll edit this when i'm not half asleep! hope u like the new chapter <33