CHAPTER - 14 : A WORLD

“All these pictures, what are they?” Siyad sat on Hannah’s bed and asked
“I was searching for Annie”
Hannah had a bandage around her head.
“You kids need anything to drink?”
Mumtaz meddled.
“No” Both of them denied her after together. So Mumtaz left them alone.
“Why are you searching her in a forest?”
“Because she lives somewhere inside a forest”
Hannah took an orange, came and sat near him.
“But the forest which she describes as her home, is nowhere to be found on his planet.”
“Why?” He asked curiously
Hannah folded her legs, and sat on the bed, facing him a bit more closely. She then peeled off the orange and forced him to eat them as she explained her story.
“Siyad, it’s different. These people live on tree like cave people. They live inside tree, not on trees. There flowers are large and shines in the night. They even appear in different iridescent colours. You see Siyad, Annie actually eats these flowers. Mostly instead of walking on grounds. She trails through the branches of the trees.” Hannah started elaborating Annie’s world to him.
It seems like the ‘Pandora’ land seen in the super hit Hollywood movie Avatar, for Siyad.
Full of fantasy. “Was she dreaming? Or is this real?”
Hannah felt relieved, because this is the first time she is opening up about Annie’s world to someone.
‘Triba’ people, their strange rituals, a land without Gods, Talking animals, people communicating telepathically with plants.
“You know Siyad, Annie is planning to find her mate at least in the next mating season.” Hannah was now sitting more closely to him, leaning her back towards to the wall just like him. She now extended her legs. Her skirt was exposing her thighs a bit. But who cared.
She was completely into her story. Holding his hands, pulling his collar. Pricking him with her finger. It was like unlashing a giant secret from her mind completely.
In such a way, she trusted him. ‘Kit’ and ‘Haffy’ when that part came she actually sat across his legs unaware of the fact that he is a complete man.
She then floated around her room when she explained about the firefly lamps.
“Oh Siyad. I just want to be a part of her world. I need to be with her rest of my life.”
When Hannah said that she was holding both his hands inside her. After her father’s demise this is the first time she is getting this close to another human being.
“So you want to leave me?” Siyad animatedly asked her. She was taken aback by his question. He suddenly sensed the situation.
“I mean leave the world in which I and ……… your mom lives”
Hannah then only thought of that reality .Leaving the world in which her loved one, her mother lives. She removed her hands from him. Quickly turned silent. Went and sat on her bed.
“Hannah is living inside a fantasy. She can’t accept her realities. She is not willing to accept her father’s death. She substituted it with Annie somehow. A ‘sensed presence’” Siyad thought – “She had blended her father’s research works with her realities. And she is insane”. He felt pity. Siyad went and sat near her. 
“Buddy don’t worry. We will find this place together and later would take your mom along with you.”
“Ahh! Great. Siyad will you help me.”
“Of course.”
She just hugged him tightly and he felt her warmth.
“Oh. It aches”
“What Hannah?”
“My head”.
“You got telepathic abilities, then why can’t you control your pain.”
He questioned her.
“Haha…. because my abilities are shielding your pain and not mine”.
“Oh then listen to me. You need rest. Means proper rest. Without climbing inside my mind or wandering in search of Annie. You need rest.”
“Hmm. How am I supposed to do that”?
“Take this medicine”
He offered her a tablet, which was prescribed by a psychiatrist. Hannah slowly feel asleep. Siyad covered her with a blanket. Turning off the tights. He slowly closed her door from outside.
“How is she?” Mumtaz asked
“Sleeping.”
Then the doorbell rang. That was Adam. On seeing him Mumtaz offered.
“You must be hungry. I will get something to eat.”
Adam hugged her and said.
“You are a genius Aunty.”
When Siyad and Adam sat alone on the couch, Adam asked
“How is she?”
“Sleeping”. Siyad then explained about Annie’s world to him.
“I am sure, she is living inside an imaginary world. That’s what her medical reports says too.” Adam added.
Meanwhile Mumtaz had also joined them with a tray full of food for Adam.
“Does she need further treatment?” She was feeling desperate
“Don’t’ worry, Mama I am here”
Siyad consoled her.
“Okay you kids continue. I need to pray”. So she left them again.
“But Adam, if she is totally mad, then how is she able to connect with me telepathically? Do you think that I am also imagining?”
“That’s an interesting question?”
“Adam let us consider her us mentally stable and whatever she is telling is true.”
“Why?”
“Just consider.”
“Okay.”
“Then can there be such a world?”
Adam remained thoughtful “Look I checked her ‘Alien astronaut theory, Ionosphere and all on the internet. A lot of people believe it and is after it. Anyway the regular scientific world has not accepted any of it. Because they need proof. ”
“Even I am a member of one such online group. Which believed in such alien stories. There is popular series called ‘Ancient Alien’ which explains such possibilities. Every day some freak will post on online that ‘I have been abducted yesterday. Then a weird will follow on alien encounters. Which are of course made by graphics.”
“Even if it is not accepted by scientific world, mysteries are always mysteries unless it is explained in terms of science. Objects could levitate, data’s could be stored inside living bacteria’s just like in a pen drive or a CD disc. So we need to think out of the box in this situation Adam. Especially if I am not losing my mind, there… she is able to chat with me telepathically. That fact alone is enough for me to trust Hannah.”
“In that case, if a world like that exist, where can it be? Is it on earth or out of earth?”
“Recently only scientist found out a world existing inside a cave”
“You mean that cave in Vietnam?”
“Hang Son Doong cave of Vietnam. Inside it, is a large, fast flowing subterranean river and is believed to be between 2 and 5 million years old. Only in 2009 did the cave become internationally known after a group of cavers from the British conducted on survey and they stopped their progress due to a large 60 meter high calcite wall. The eco system inside is unique and large. It even has its own localized weather systems trees and animals.”
“Yeah I have heard that, People even say ‘watch out for dinosaurs in there. “ Adam added.
“The shrill call of birds and Macaque monkeys echoes off the limestone, drifting it from the unseen world beyond the skylight.”
Adam read those lines out of a webpage.
“You’re sounding spooky Adam”
“That’s the point Siyad. What are you trying to say?”
“Places like that exist on our Earth. Even theory states that a hidden city lies under Antartica.”
“Hmm.”
“May be Hannah is telepathically getting connected to someone living in this hidden world.”
“Wow, what a thought? Bull shit mam…. Or wait a second … can she …. Actually?
“We don’t know anything about our planet except what we learned from our books and search on the web. whenever our human brain think out of box it finally gets caught up in our believes, God , religion then politics kicks in, secret agenda flies in and the realities gets covered into moral policing, blasphemy and so on.”
“Hmm” Adam sighed deeply.
“God’s must not be touched. It should be protected then only equilibrium of the society can be maintained. If you are explaining anything in terms of science, then it is unacceptable only for getting jobs, or energizing our water heaters or mobilizing our vehicles – otherwise everything should be explained in terms of GOD. So that people can fight over it and benefit out of it.”
“Siyad calm down chill man. I can understood your feelings.”
“What?”
“Need to find that world, in terms of Science.”
“Yep. I think so”
“But how?”
“Satellites”?
“What?”
“We need satellites used by the SETI – search for the Extra-terrestrial Intelligence, their router’s what we need.”
Siyad smiled at his intelligent friend. “I will hack them”. Need to hack a bit of other geographical satellites too you don’t worry. I will manage”. Adam proudly expressed himself and switched on his laptop.
Siyad slowly got left alone with his thoughts. He felt like seeing Hannah again.
Now a days he always felt like staying near her. He opened her room and found her sleeping.
“Is she in there? Or is that her, body alone?” He thought.
The smell of lavender, fumed again and he felt like going near her and staying a bit closer to her. He saw her lips fleshy and tempting.
“No way. I can’t use or see her in that way. My God she is attractive and definitely looks like someone from another world”.
Siyads mobile vibrated. It’s Syrene.
“Must take her call or else she will keep on calling.” He stepped onto the balcony through her window.
“Hello”
“Where are you Siyad?”
“At Hannah’s place”
“Why?”
“She needs help syrene”
“Me too, my mamma is sick”
“I know.”
“Why are you always behind her? Why can’t Adam handle her?”
After few more verbal exchanges, he managed to disconnect her call.
He knows, Syrene is possessive about him. From childhood onwards she had loved him and no one else did so.
Siyad had always managed to keep her at a safer distance. Never promising her anything. Whether it is sister or friend or lover even Siyad was not able to make out until he met Hannah. Because the kind of warmth he felt towards Hannah was never ever bestowed on Syrene.
Syrene on the contrary had always rolled over him whenever it is possible. She hugged him, kissed him and did whatever she could in order to make him sexually active towards her.
Siyad is used to her company. Unlike Adam, Syrene just belonged to the opposite sex. Only that is the basic difference between Adam and Syrene for him.
The smell of lavender got stronger again. The night was young Hannah was sedated too.
Then only it occurred to him. “Why lavender?”
Siyad thought of that odour. “Why this room, her clothes and Hannah herself smell like lavender?”
He checked her table even her wardrobe.
“No. Her perfumes and soaps of lavender all are of different odour.
Then why this smell of lavender. Does it have, anything to do with her psychic abilities? How to know?”
He thought of checking about lavenders on the internet. There it lies.

      Spiritual Power of Lavender

“In the spiritual world, most essential oils after …. With lavender oil, the spiritual benefits are to calm and to heal ….. Lavender oil is a classic oil that has been used for a very long time in healing mixtures, love, spells and purifications…
“That’s interesting” He continued his reading.
“Lavender is now grown all area Europe, even though the plant originated in the Mediterranean regions.”
He stopped reading “Mediterranean regions?” He then continued.
“According to some people, there is belief that lavender has magical powers and properties. This is because of the fact that by taking one deep inhale of lavender oil, it can have a great change and effect on the way that you feel and think.”
He then again stopped. “Commercial bull shit.”
When he cross checked “Egypt and lavender”
Lavender has been documented for over 25000 years. The ancient Egyptians used lavender for mummifications and perfumes.
He then thought. “Her father’s research has certainly got to do something with her present condition. May be in his research he found the connection between Egyptians and their traditions. May be in those traditions these ‘lavenders might have some abilities…. Like telepathy… may be…. He might have taught her meditating using these herbs.” Siyad was too desperate to solve her psychic conditions. He somehow wanted her to stay in his world forever.
“But her body disappeared on that night. How can that he possible?” He again got puzzled “Maybe I was dreaming? Or did she actually?”