Putting the pieces together

Heylees POV
With everything thats been going on, I decided to not let anyone bring me food. After what happened with the new worker, and someone trying to poison me I figured it's best I do things myself.

I was made a cup of tea when Blanc came into the kitchen. He was on his phone when he entered, and took a seat at the nook. I offered him a cup of tea which he nodded.

I poured him a cup and placed it in front of him along with the sugar bowl. He scooped four heaping spoons of sugar and took a sip.

Woah- no wonder the man had a mile a minute mind. There was enough sugar in that tea to keep Vegas open for a week.

He ended the call and took another sip. "Thank you."
I nodded, then asked. "Anything on Ransom?"
"He's already dismissed from the station and is on his way back."
I nod, taking hold of my mug which is keeping my fingers warm.

Letting out a breath I shook my head, asking out loud. " Why is this person after me?"

"Thats what is making this investigation difficult for me to figure out. The suspect whom I believe it is, well they are not giving a good enough motive to confirm. The evidence adds up perfectly...but the why is just as important as the who." Blanc's words make sense, cause I really have no idea what I could have done to deserve something as hard as being killed.

"I understand, kind of. I just want all of this to be over so I can go back to living my life." I sighed, taking a sip of tea myself.
" Would Ransom be part of that life?" Blanc asked. That question I had in my head all night as well.
I shrugged. "He's not been the nicest person, I admit. He's changed, but how long will this change last?"
He picked up his mug and seemed to know the answer but then got a text message. " Im sorry, but would you excuse me."

I nodded, then watched as he moved into the hallway to make a phone call.
" Oh, Ms. Heylee. You're up and at it this morning." Fran said, getting ready to make preparations for the day, starting with Harlans usual.
" For the moment. Needed to stretch my legs."

She started making toast, pouring a cup of coffee into a mug and setting up Harlans tray.
"I saw them take Ransom out last night...Do you think he's the one pulling this?" She asked.
I looked at Blanc and remembering what he said last night about keeping things quiet.
" I don't know, Fran. Do you think he did it?"
She looked nervous as if telling me would get herself in trouble. "I mean, he's an asshole sure...Sorry. But Do I think he can commit murder...I don't really know. It's all scary right now. With the new girl dying right in front of me...it made me think about how valuable life is. That it could all be over in a second. I want to make better choices."

I nod. "I think you do. I mean you've been with the family for over a decade. You know everyone inside and out. Im suprised you don't have your own theory of who can be doing all this."

She sighed, then jumped when the toast popped up from the toaster. She placed the bread on a plate, along with a muffin then rushed to leave the kitchen but turned back to me. "Better bring this up before I get in trouble again. But...Thanks for hearing me out. Not a lot of this family does that."

I nod. "Of course. Anytime."

She rushed passed Blanc and up the stairs where the creaky steps made it safe to talk freely again. Blanc walked back inside and motioned for me to follow him out of the kitchen.

Walking behind, He lead me into the study where Harlan, Marta, and two police officers wait.

"Thank you all for joining us. I know the last few days haven't been easy on anyone, especially you Ms. McKinsley. But... I have enough evidence to announce who attempted to murder you."

Blanc moved from one side of the room to the other. " At first, they made it look like a random break in. Perhaps someone trying to get into the party without an invitation, spotted Heylee and tried to take her out. Then, someone tried to poison her, causing the unfortunate death of a new worker. Then, someone tried to frame Ransom by placing Harlans medicine in his room."

At that moment, Ransom came into the study and walked right up to me, and pulled me into a hug.
"Ransom" I sighed, happy to have him back.
"I knew you couldn't resist me." He joked under his breath.
We both turned back to Blanc, waiting to see who he believed did the crimes.

There was only one other person who could have done this...
Fran had walked into the study just as Blanc moved into the entryway,
She turned to me, and began to cry. "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do it."
"Fran?" I asked
The police officers began to cuff her.
I shook my head, she was too upset to be the one to do this to me. "Why? What did I do to make you want to hurt me?"I asked, emotional tears escaping my eyes.

"It wasn't personal, I swear. But I can't explain or I'll be in more trouble then I am with the cops. It's best they take me and keep you safe."

That means that this wasn't the end, This was someone who blackmailed Fran into killing me...But who? And why?

And another chapter is here !!!! Just when the mystery is solved, there's a twist!- LisaBGreen