Who is the suspect?

Heylee POV

This is ridiculous! I should go find Ransom and apologize to him. He was just trying to talk to me, and I opened my big mouth.

I pulled myself out of bed, slipped on my slippers and went in search for Ransom.
The sound of Ransoms voice through the heavy study door shakes me to my core. He and Blanc were having a discussion, and Ransom was getting heated.

When I walked into the study, Blanc was holding up a small bottle of what appeared to be Harlans medicine.
"Whats going on in here?" I asked.
Both men turned to me, both with concern and sadness.
"What is it?"

Ransom turned to Blanc, asked him if he could have a minute, which him a nod. Ransom then walked over to me, and grasped both of my hands. My heart was slamming in my chest. "What is this?"
" I'm sorry...for the last nine years I've been terrible to you. I don't deserve you're forgiveness and im not expecting it after you hear what they have to say. But please...Understand...I would never hurt you. Ever."

I looked at Ransom, then at Blanc whom appeared to have been bothered by their earlier exchange, then back at Ransom. "Ransom?"

Suddenly two men appeared at the entrance of the study entryway. The must have been detectives working along with Blanc.
" They are here for you?" My voice broken with both fear and hurt.
He cupped my cheek and placed his forehead to mine. " Please...please believe me."

Before I could ask another question Ransom pulled my face toward his and sealed my lips with his. Those lips which were so soft it melted me to my core. If Ransom wasn't already holding me up, I would have melted to the floor. Then something hits my cheek, something wet causing me to flinch. When he pulled away, he made sure to keep his face out of view from me and walked passed the police officers to the hallway in which they followed.

I gasped when I pulled my hand from my cheek realizing the wet drop was a warm tear. Ransom left crying.
"Im sorry, Ms. McKinsley. It shouldn't be long before they pay his bail."
I turned to him. "He didn't do this."
Blanc kept a firm facade but replied. "I know."

My eyes dropped. "But then what..." He gripped me by my arm and pulled me out of the study. " You should go back and rest in your room. Here, let me help you."

He pulled me so fast I thought my arm would have popped out of its socket."Blanc! What are you doing?"
"Listen to me...Someone is setting up Ransom."

The statement made my blood run cold.

Ransoms POV

( Before Heylee comes in)
Blanc held up a bottle of Harlans medicine, the one that had killed the woman.
" That wasn't in my room."
Blancs voice became low so no one else can overhear.
"I know that. It's a little too obvious that you would have it. So the person doing this, still believes they can get away with their actions. I need you to play along, so the real killer can think they are off the hook."

When he revealed what he wanted to do, I realized there was much more he didn't say, which I pointed out.
" You using Heylee as bait for the suspect to attack again"

He shook his head and tried to assure me that no harm will come to her, but my voice shook the walls.
" You don't know what can happen. What if it does look like I did it, She will never trust me again."

Blanc gave me a sympathetic look but confirmed. "It's the only lead we got."
Footsteps came from down the hall and I knew Heylee was coming.
"Please, I assure you...no harm will come to her. Now while i'm here."

I had a hard time believing him, but what choice did I have. I had to play along.
"Ransom? Whats going on in here?"

I looked back at Blanc, asking him for a moment with Heylee which he nodded.
She looked so small in front of me, and it broke my heart more.
"What is this?"

I explain as much of my innocence as I could without being suspicious. She looks behind me and I can't help but look as well. They are gonna book me overnight, leaving her vulnerable and alone.
"They're here for you?" Her voice so convinced that I am the one trying to kill her.
I take her face gently in my hands so he can see me, this vulnerable and begging. I apologize for everything I've said and done, and ask for forgiveness and kiss her.

Her kiss drove me into the ground, planting my feet into her garden of hope and happiness, but I know I won't be able to stay, and it brings a tear down my face. She flinches at the wet drop that hit her cheek and I make a quick dash out the study. I wipe my tears off my cheek and move into the police car and wait for my chance to pay bail.

I need to keep Heylee safe, even if it means taking the blame for now.

Blanc POV

The evidence doesn't add up for Ransom to be the murderer. Whomever is setting him up is doing a sloppy job.

I know it is someone in the Thrombey estate. That consists of-

1.Harlan
2.Meg
3.Joni
4.Ransom
5. Marta

Wait...

Going over the last 48 hours, there is one common suspect...but no hard evidence to prove it. I need to stay and keep observing to confirm my suspect...

So this was a fast chapter- Kinda more of a filler. But can you take a guess who would want to frame Ransom andkill Heylee? And why? Let me know your guesses and follow the story for the answer! It's coming up soon. I think there's 3 or 4 chapters left!

-LisaBGreen