Finale

Ransoms POV
It's been months since the Gregory McKinsley was sentenced to prison. Heylee found out about her inheritance money and insisted on donating it, not wanting a cent from her family.

Then, Heylee begged Harlan to remover her name from his Will. After several arguments, Harlan agreed and Heylee witnessed to assure he couldn't change his mind. At this moment, he's placed myself and Marta on his next to the inheritance, which Harlan admitted that I would only get it if I were still with Heylee and no signs of distress or proof of affairs, sneaky bastard, but he knew that Heylee was it for me.

Even though she loved her apartment Heylee decided to move out, considering anytime she would step into the bathroom she was reminded of how close she was to death. I was more then happy to move her into my apartment.

We got into routine very quickly. Heylee made us breakfast every morning, then she would head off to work. Never have I seen anyone happy to come home from a job they loved, and it's very true that she was meant to teach.

I had asked Harlan for a favor tonight, in hopes Heylee would agree.

Heylees POV

I love my job, but my students were testing my patience lately. With Spring Break coming up and the first day without it being below sixty degrees the kids were ready to go on vacation. Heck even I was.

I had warned Ransom that I was gonna be late coming home tonight to grade papers at work so I wouldn't have sex on them...again. He was fine with it, telling me he was gonna play poker with some friends that he made at the new job he started with Harlan and Walt at the publishing company.

IT was around a quarter to four when my phone rang and to my surprise it read Harlan Thombey.
"Hi Harlan. How are you?"

"Im sorry, but is this Heylee McKinsleys phone?"
"Marta? Is that you?" My heart began to race, why was she calling me using Harlans phone?
"Yes, I'm calling because Harlan...oh could you please come to the house?"
I nodded, then realized I need to talk. " of course, what's wrong? Is he sick? Do you need me to get anything?"
Quickly, I  collected my things and rushed to the car. By the time I got to the car and told Marta I was on my way she said she would let him know I was coming.

When we hung up, I tried to call Ransom, but he had turned off his phone for his poker game.
I tried Linda and Walt, but they weren't picking up either.

What if Marta called me because everyone else wasn't answering?

This time coming up to the estate it was dusk and the sun was setting early. There was no cars in sight besides Martas blue Hyundai. This was not gonna be like the birthday surprise from months ago.

I jumped out of the car and rushed inside. The door was unlocked and the house was quiet...too quiet.

"Marta? It's me, are you here?"
She rushed inside and pulled me into a hug. "Marta? What is it? Tell me what happened?"
When we pulled apart, her eyes were brimmed with tears.

"Oh God, is he..."
She shook her head and scuffed a laugh. "No, everything is fine. He's right through there." She said, and pointed outside to the patio.

I walked out and saw that the patio was covered with white lights, all in the trees and carried over back to the house and zigzagged making it look like a lighted gazebo.

In the distance is Ransom, dressed in a very chic outfit with a nervous look.
"Ransom? You did all this?" I asked, trying to find my breath which was lost in the beauty of this back yard.
He took my hand and walked me into the center of the yard where all the lights met in the middle above our heads.

"HeyHey, I would give you the moon if you asked me. But...I want to know...just the answer to this one question...for this man whom you've never gave up on, what I hope you won't ever give up on, and be his forever...from death do us part... Be mine?" He asked, then he took his leg and bent it so he was on one knee. One hand on my hand and the other reaching into his pocket.

The box looked as old as Harlans mother. It looked run down from years of friction and movement. But once he opened it, a beautiful sapphire engagement rested inside. I recognized it quickly as it was his great grandmothers ring.

"I looked for months for an engagement ring, heck even asked help from Harlan, but he insisted I asked Great Wanetta herself for help. She didn't say a word, but she was insisted I give you this one."

I laughed a cry when I pulled it out to admire it, remembering why this ring was so special.
"When we were kids and I would come here, I looked at Wanettas jewelry box and I would always want to wear her rings, cause she had so many. But I always said to her...'this is the ring I want Ransom to give me when we're married. I can't believe she remembered."

Ransom moved his hand to my leg, giving it a tight squeeze bringing me out of that memory.
"Well.... Will you Heylee Maeve McKinsley, be mine and marry me?"
I looked at Ransom, who was still on his knee waiting for my answer. Getting on my knee, I hand him back the ring and offer my left hand.
"Hugh Ransom Drysdale, I would be honored to become Heylee Maeve Drysdale...Yes. I will marry you."

He gently pushed the ring on my finger and kissed me under the hundreds of lights, followed by cheers of his family whom quickly rushed out to celebrate our engagement.

Looking up I see Linda and Richard clapping for us, Meg and Joni were ecstatic and cheering loudly. Harlan stood behind his mother, which for the first time was enlightened with a smile on her face.
Harlan looked like he was pleased, knowing once again he tricked me to coming to the house. But looking out to the house I was proud to know this was my family. They were always my family, and I loved all of them.

AWWW THATS THE END!!! If you want an extra epilogue of what happens after this point leave me a comment and give a like so I know who enjoyed the story of Heylee and Ransom! Thanks for reading!!! - LisaBGreen