Crutches Are A Pain

Kruno's pov

Shikamaru pulled his lips back from my forehead, and I glanced up at him, his hand still squeezing mine gently.

"Who all won?" I asked, and he put his free hand against his head, tapping against it slightly before nodding his head.

"You, me, Naruto, Sasuke, Kankuro, Gaara, Temari, Neji, Shino, Dosu, and Sakura." He said, and I frowned when I didn't hear Kiba's name. I think Shika already knew what I was thinking because he looked at me and shook his head. "No, Kiba fought against Naruto. It was a really close match, but we both know how much a knuckle head Naruto is." I nodded my head.

"Where is Kiba?" I asked, and Shikamaru glanced over at the sheet that separated me from the other side of the room where another bed was.

"He's over there. He was trying to get up and come over here to see you earlier, and he fought against the doctors and ended up passing out from the loss of all the energy, such a drag." He said, and I shook my head slightly. That boy was a handful, but as was I.

"I figured since youre awake now, we could go and get some food? Celebrate, if you would. Since we're the only two from our team to continue through to the last exam, what a drag." Shikamaru said, and I nodded as I moved my very sore legs over the edge of the bed, and attempted to stand up but I fell into Shikamaru's grasp. That's when he grabbed a pair of crutches from beside my bed, and handed them to me. I groaned slightly, but reluctantly put them under my arms and used them to support my weight. Shikamaru kept a hand on my back as he led me out of the room.

"You took a hell of a beating from the bomb trick you set up, it was too dangerous." Shikamaru said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Worked though, didn't it?" I said sarcastically, but Shikamaru just shook his head. We walked out of the hospital together, and I shielded my eyes from the large amount of fucking sun that was out. It was slightly annoying...

"Where are we going to eat?" I asked, and Shikamaru shrugged.

"Don't know yet, you troublesome woman. We have to stop by my house because I left my wallet there." He grumbled, and I nodded slightly before limping with him to his house.

We arrived at his house, and he walked inside for a few moments, and I could hear his mother screaming at him. I giggled slightly as Shikamaru ran out of the house, his mother chasing after him until she got to the door and she saw me. She stopped, placing her hands behind her back and smiling at me.

"Oh, hello Kruno!" She said before she turned around and walked back into the house. I glanced at Shikamaru and laughed slightly as he rubbed his head slightly.

"Of all the women I know, she is the most troublesome!" Shikamaru called out, and we turned around and began to walk away. I sighed slightly as I used the crutches to walk, which I hated more than I hated anything. It was hard to move around with two giant sticks in my fucking armpits.

Shikamaru and I arrived at the BBQ place, which seemed to be the only place we ever ate, and sat down at a booth. We both ordered the same thing, and just made small talk as we waited. This felt rather perfect. Just the two of us sitting here, talking about random things.

Finally, our food came and we both dug in, and within five minutes, I had finished my entire plate of food. Shikamaru looked at me with wide eyes, and I tilted my head slightly.

"What?" I asked, and Shikamaru shook his head and leaned forward, using his thumb to gently wipe away the BBQ sauce that I had covering the area around my lips.

"You eat even more like a dog that Watamote and Akamaru do." Shikamaru said, and I glared at him before I used my arm to wipe away the sauce from around my mouth.