Fall In Love With Me

Shikamaru's POV

I don't know when I fell in love with Kruno. I guess somewhere along the line she just really got under my skin... What a drag. She ruined my plans for the future... I wanted to be an average Shinobi, not too great, not too terrible. I wanted to get married to an average women, nothing too beautiful, but not hideous. But, Kruno, she was so far beyond beautiful that it messed up my plan.

I looked over at the beautiful Inuzuka who was playing in the water, and I couldn't help but smile at her. I crawled out of the water, and slid my jacket back onto my shoulders. I turned around and saw Kruno crawl out of the creek and smile at me. A smile that brightened up my day every time I saw it. "Shikamaru, I have to go home for a little bit. But we're going to hang out again later. Okay? Okay." She said, putting her crutches back under her arm and limping away. I chuckled slightly and placed my hands in the soaking wet pockets of my pants and began to stroll back to my house.

When I arrived at my house, I crinkled my eyebrows together as I saw my mother hanging up some decorations outside our house. "Mom, what are you doing?" I called out, and she turned back to me.

"Shikamaru Nara! You should know tonight is the night we have a party. We do this every year. For as smart as you are, you sure are stupid." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"And you sure are troublesome. But mom, can I talk to you about something... It's kind of important, what a drag." I said, and she finished hanging the decorations outside before she got of the ladder, and walked over to me. She wrapped an arm around my neck and we walked inside together. She slowly sat me down on the couch, and crossed her legs before looking at me.

"Okay, what is it that you need to talk about, Shika?" She asked, smiling at me.

"Well... I wanted your advice... On how to know if a girl... Likes you. Or how to get a girl to like you... What a drag..." I mumbled, looking off to the table beside me, and I scoffed as I heard her squeal.

"Oh my baby is in love!" She shouted, and I gulped slightly, but I didn't deny it. Because I did love Kruno.

"Who is the lucky lady you're trying to impress?! If I know who it is, I can help more!" She said nodding her head quickly as I looked back at her. I mumbled Kruno's name under my breath, but It wasn't loud enough because my mother quickly hit me on the head.

"Speak up!"

"Kruno, mom." I said, and she stopped and looked straight at me.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes mom."

"IT'S ABOUT TIME." She shouted at me, and I looked at her with a confused look, but she shook her head and tapped her finger against her chin. "Invite Kruno to the party tonight. We'll play a slow song, and you can ask her to dance. While you guys are dancing, you can tell her how you feel. Because I am sure she feels that same about you. She may not know it yet, but I know she loves you."

I nodded my head at my mom, before looking up at her. "What should I wear to ask Kruno to come to the party?"

"Hold on." She said, getting up and walking into her bedroom. She came back with an all-black outfit with a button up black jacket. I stood up and took the outfit from my mom. I thanked her and walked to my bedroom, hanging the outfit on a hook in my room. I sighed softly as I walked over to the corner of my room to a picture of Kruno and me. It was actually the only picture of us that I had, but it would be my favorite no matter what. It was taken about a week before she was taken from us. Kruno had pinned me to the ground, her elbows were rest on top of my head, and I was looking up at the camera with a weak smile. Her on the other hand, was smiling so big, you would think her cheeks were about to fall off. Her eyes were closed, but she still just looked so cute.