The Elevator Ride

After spending around two hours inside the bathroom, doing my hair and makeup while listening to some classic music to calm myself down, I looked in the mirror saying: "Well... today's the day. After six months of collecting unemployment, it's time to go back into the art world..."

While going through every piece of clothing in my closet, I finally found what I was looking for: my fern green skirt and coat set with gold touches all over it. I put on a simple white tank and prepare myself for the day ahead.

"As the saying goes: Be a badass with a good ass! Yeah, I'm nailing this interview"

Going into the busy streets of New York, I took a cab and found myself right in front of a daunting corporate skyscraper, with "Frost Galleries Inc" in large letters above the entry.

I was about to walk inside, when a, not so content woman bursts through the doors and practically knocks me over.

"Worst interview of my LIFE! Aaron Reed is a MONSTER!" screams the woman, who's wearing an extremely revealing dress and apparently, just had and interview with the man I'm about to meet as well.

"Maybe you weren't cut for the job.." 

"Look hun, if I couldn't charm The Marksman, or whatever the hell they call him, fat chance you can. I threw every trick in the book and I didn't even last five minutes! Do you think I'd wear this dress for anyone? My best advice is: turn around and crawl back home. I'd rather lick stamps than work for him!" And she stormed off, not saying another word.

I was simply wide-eyed after all she said to me. I am definitely in for a treat.

Steping into the lobby, I scaned for a receptionist but my attention rapidly turned to a duo in VERY fancy suits arguing with each other:

"The Marksman tore us apart in there!" bemoaned the woman.

"The guy's a genius, but I could never live like he does- the company is his whole intire world." replied the man. 

"Could you imagine dating him? He's practically married to his work."

When their voices start to raise, they look over at my curious stare and glance at me:

"Can we help you, heels?" questioned the man.

Heels?! I won't tolerate that. "These were made for walking all over people like you." I deflected.

"Ooh, Aaron's next victim has an attitude." joked the woman.

"Look, I'm just here for my interview. Any idea where the receptionist is?"

"Probably crying on the metro back home. He just fired her. Oh and you might want to catch that elevator, The Marksman doesn't like his prey tardy" joshed the man while I looked over at the elevator on the side of the lobby, just as another man stepped through the steel doors, before they began to close.

"Hold the door, please!" I screamed while running towards the elevator

The man ignored my plea as he pressed a button several times, attempting to close the door.

Rude! I took off my heel and threw it at the button. The doors open and I sheepishly collect the heel from the ground and walk inside, still mesmerized by myself and trying really hard not to snap at the stranger who tried to close the doors.

"That's cute" he said, while I dusted myself off.

"Excuse me?" I turned to him. His muscles were pressed onto the black suit and his figure like granite- complementing his stony stance and expression.