𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

nila

"Zane and the guys said that they'll meet us at the beach." Cammy walked out from her en-suite, dressed in a simple baby pink bikini with a coverup tied around her waist. The first week of college had been draining to say the least, so we decided to make the most of the sunny weather while it lasted and head down to the beach for a weekend detox. Zane insisted on coming to scope out hot girls and it ended up turning into a group thing.

"I'll order an Uber in a couple of minutes, then." I sat up straight and adjusted my white triangle bikini to prevent a nipple from slipping out, then moving to fix the loose bun sitting on top of my head, tucking away any curls that fell down the side of my face.

She started packing a small tote bag with the necessities for this hot day, clipping her hair back in the process. "Or...we could get someone to drop us off." She subtly suggested, avoiding my eyes.

I kicked my feet up on the bed, eyeing the fat husky teddy situated in the corner of the room. That was seriously creepy. "Like who? Nah, too much hassle, dude. An Uber's less stressful."

Carmen grabbed a spare T shirt from her dresser and flung it over the husky's eyes, shuddering as she stared into them. "I don't know...maybe the people that are currently at home?" She turned to face me and I shook my head immediately, receiving whiplash.

"Nuh-uh. Fuck that. Anyone but them. I'd rather get a tattoo on my vagina." I huffed.

"They won't stay with us there, they'll just drop us off. Besides, at least it's free." She explained, emphasizing on the free part and I'll admit, that spiked my interest. I wasn't a stingy person or whatever but half of the money in my bank account was being wasted on travel since I couldn't drive. Not after what happened.

Hell, my hands still shake slightly whenever I step foot in a car, even though it's become manageable now. Drunk dad and driving is a no go, especially when he thinks the cause of all of his problems is his daughter.

"They won't stay?" I double checked.

"They won't stay." She clarified.

"They'll leave straight after?"

"Right after. And this way, if we stay late then they can pick us up again instead of having to order another Uber. We won't even have to talk to them. If you want me to, the entire car ride, I won't acknowledge Damian for your sake." Cammy's voice sounded strained at her offer and any other friend would turn it down straight away, not wanting to see their best friend being tortured like that.

However, it would be nice to be away from all of that couple's PDA bullshit for once and seeing Damian in mental pain would probably make my entire year. "Deal, you go ask and I'll come with you. But ignoring Damian starts from now." I jumped off the bed and double checked my outfit one last time, groaning at the shorts that barely covered my ass. There was no point in even wearing them.

"I might have a skirt that you can wear, if you want." Carmen opened her closet and began rummaging through her piles of clothes, but I shot my hand out and stopped her.

"Babe, I love you. But I don't think pink flowery skirts are really the vibe I give off." I shot her a sympathetic smile and she brushed it off quickly, agreeing.

"You're right, you give off more 'skirts tinier than a belt' vibes."

I slung my arm around her shoulder and opened the bedroom door, smiling lazily. "And this, Cammy, is why you're my best friend. You just get me, you know?" I squeezed the side of her face and planted a fat kiss on her cheek, laughing as we walked into the kitchen.