Maybe One Day

Summary: You and Finn run into someone

Pairings: Jake Jensen X Reader, Jack O'Malley X Reader

Rating: mild

Warnings: stalking, language, 18+ ONLY

Word Count: 4.3K

"Mmm," you softly moan

"Mmm," you softly moan. Your eyes slowly start to close, until you hear a raspy chuckle. It was still a task to open your eyes up to see Frank on your phone smiling.

"It's like eight o'clock, and you're drifting to sleep. Did you have a bad day at work, darling?" Puckering out your bottom lip, you nod your head. "Her is sleepy."

"Her just wants to rest her eyes," your eyes slowly start closing again. Popping open when your bedroom door swings open.

"Mom!" Finn leans over on the bed, patting on your hand. "So how is this working tomorrow?"

"You and me buddy," his nose curls up a bit, and you point your phone further away from him, laying it flat on the bed, so he didn't see anything, but Frank was smiling, and trying not to make a sound. "What?"

"No offense, but you at the batting cage doesn't sound like fun."

"Finn Anthony O'Malley! Your mother is a lot of fun," he shakes his head no. "Finn, I'm fun."

"Eh, dad is the cool one though. I bet you can't even hit a baseball."

"How about you put your money where your mouth is, kid. No allowance for a week if I hit a baseball."

"Too easy," he smiles at you. "No allowance for a week if you hit the baseball, but it has three times. And double my allowance if you don't," he extends his hand and you shake it, making things final. "Love you, mom."

"Love you, too, Finny. Go ahead and get your bath, buddy," you wait until he's closed your door, and stomps up the stairs, before you look back at Frank, "Sorry about that."

"That's sweet. He always like that with you?"

"Not quite, no. He never calls me the fun one. That's all Jack," a quick rustling happens, and Frank's phone is shoved against his chest. You can't fully make out what he was saying, but you hear a little voice. It gets louder, but is still muffled.

"So you've got all that work done?"

"Yes, even the extra credit. But I want more."

"No. It's almost bedtime. Bath," there's a moment of silence before he's back in frame. "Where were we?"

"Who was that?" Your mouth turns up into a smile, and Frank bashfully looks away, "You never told me you had a kid. You have her all the time?"

"I also never lied to you. She's my niece, but she does live with me full time."