𝐈. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝗼𝗺𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬.

This is a mistake

This is a mistake. Was all Xavier could think as he rode in the back of an Uber he had requested. It had been two weeks since he received a mysterious letter to his front door. Usually if he got mail it would be delivered to his mailbox. So why was this letter there, right at his door.

What surprised him even more was the contents of the mystery letter.

It was a simple paper with the words "I know what you did" written down. On the back side was an address and another sentence that read, "Show up to the address above for a night full of truths and fun! All are expected to attend. If you refuse we'll make sure you hear back from us."

Xavier had contemplated what the letter was all about. What could this person possibly know about him? He only knew for sure, he would not be attending.

Well that was until another letter appeared just a week later. Xavier had felt more anxious to open this one unsure of what to expect.

Cautiously, Xavier opened the letter to reveal another hand written note. But this time Xavier's heart dropped. His stomach churned and he let the note fall to the floor.

On the note Xavier saw his secret. The terrifying truth he had tried so hard to put past him was now back to haunt him once again.

Xavier snapped out of his head. He picked up the letter and turned it to see the same address from before and a note. "Glad we have your attention. Show up to the address above in a week, we will receive you with a warm welcome. Of course if this didn't convince you, we can always let the world know who you truly are. We hope to see you soon."

Xavier ran his hand through his hair. He couldn't possibly be considering going to this obvious trap. But he couldn't risk it. This secret could ruin everything.

So now here he was. A week later Xavier had decided to head to the party in hopes that he would leave intact.

Xavier didn't know if there would be other people there. Other people who also received the same letter as him.

The words of the driver brought Xavier back to the real world. "Excuse me sir but I think we've reached the end of this trip." He sounded concerned. This made Xavier look out the window to see there was no road left.

The gps said to keep going straight but there was nothing but a dirt road leading to the woods.

"Wait. No, there must be some other way to get there." Xavier tried pleading with the driver but it was useless.

"Sorry kid but you need to get off." And with the last regard, Xavier paid the driver and stepped out of the car; looking to the path ahead of him.

He entered the directions into his phone to get the directions. And with a final look back, he took off into the woods.