Chapter 1 - Cold Rain And After

Faded Star Arc

The cold rain is all that could be heard pouring down upon a young maiden in red uniform. She lays there on the concrete pavement drenched by the rain. A streak of tears went down her cheek unbeknownst to the passerby. Her vision became blurry, she then closed her eyes as many people began to surround her.

The street dwellers were shocked by he appearance, for she is the famous idol that had gone missing days ago. Though what shocks them more is the river of blood gushing out from her forehead. One of the pedestrians pulled out his phone and called for the ambulance.

Sirens of the ambulance shook the highway. Many vehicles make way for it to head to the hospital. Through such chaos, the family, were informed of the girl's current whereabouts. In the meantime, friends, the police and the academy were also contacted.

The family rushes to the hospital in good hopes for their daughter's condition. Just as they arrived at the hospital, they went straight to the reception desk and were informed of their daughter's room number and where it is. The parents went there only to see their daughter laid on the bed with a bandage on her head.

The doctor noticed the parents then started walking towards them asking.
"Are you Yume Nijino's guardians?" He asked.

The father answered, "Yes, we are her parents."

The mother then asked. "How is she, doctor?"

"Yes. Besides her head trauma, there are no other external or internal complications. We will examine her mental condition further after she wakes up to determine her health." He finished.

"Thank you, doctor." Said the father.

"Yes, thank you very much." Spoke the mother.

The doctor takes his leave and the parents walk closer to their now bedriven daughter who's laying in deep slumber. They were very relieved to finally see her again.

A few days later...

A girl in red uniform is walking along the garden lifting a heavy yellow box with pink hearts.
"Ugh, darn. This box is heavy." She said. As she walks along another hallway, she stumbled upon the underclassmen.

"Oh my. It's Ako-senpai!" Said the girl on the left.
"That box looks heavy." The girl on the right said shyly.

"What's with the box, senpai?" Said the pale blonde girl on Ako's left.
"Oh this? It's all Yume's get-well-soon letters." Ako said, still holding the said box.

"Honestly, I wonder why it's me and not Mahiru. Though, I get that she has a TV live right now." Ako said knowing well of her friends schedule.

"Would you like us to help?" Asked the pale blonde.
"You sure about that?" Asked Ako, not wanting to burden the girls.

"Yep! We still got a lot of time before our next session." Said the pale blonde cheerfully while the maroon haired girl on Ako's right nods her head.

"Well if you say so. There's more at the back over there." Ako then points at the direction of boxes that were piled up at the garden.

The two underclassmen froze at the sight of it, thinking that only two of them, three if you count Ako, are simply not enough to lift all of it. Much less in a day's time.

"And that's why I asked." Said Ako staring at the two underclassmen who are still gawking at the boxes as she understands their reaction to it.

"This is... We need more than just the three of us. Don't you think, senpai?" Says the pale blonde with her hand pointing up and down at the boxes, her head moves accordingly.

"Well, not if you can get us more hands. That'll make it much easier for us." She said smiling with the point of her teeth showing as if to challenge them.

"Will do." Said the Maroon haired using her phone to text her friends for help.

"Uwah... You're fast!" The blonde girl commented on her friend.

Moments later, a group of students are seen lifting the boxes into a truck.

"Alright! As long as we keep this up, we'll be done in no time!" Ako said proudly, crossing her arms.
"Yeah, I'm glad you called them. How did you get their numbers by the way?"

"Hm? Just by coincidence." Maroon haired exclaimed.
The blonde girl simply smiled at how terrifying her friend's luck is.

"By the way, senior, are they going to be sent to Yume-senpai's house?" Asked the pale blonde. Ako cocks her hard at the question.

"Yeah, it is. From what I heard Yume needs time to adjust and recover not just physically but also mentally." She then paused for a second.

Ako then looks to the ground as if contemplating whether her friend is alright or not. "I hope I'm just being paranoid over this."

Meanwhile in the hospital right where Yume's room is located. A knock came from the door. Yume's mother who was peeling a red coloured apple walks over towards the door and opens it to see a young lavender head girl holding a basketful of fruits.

"Oh my! It's Koharu. Come in, come in." The mother said happily as if she had lightened up at the sight of hope.

"Pardon me for intruding." Said Koharu as she took a step and continued to walk towards the patient in bed. Unfortunately, what faces back is a face filled with melancholy causing her to a halt.

______________
Later that day...

A group of girls are seen chatting down the hospital hallway while also keeping in mind to quiet down a bit as to not bother the patients and workers. They then reach the designated recipient's room.

One of them knocks on the door and says hello. What came out of that room were a lavender haired girl named Koharu.

"Yes? Oh! Everyone!" She said.

A variation of hello came swirling towards her. Such as 'Yaho' and 'Hi' were thrown back.

"Looks like everyone is here." Said Koharu looking about.

"Though, it wouldn't be complete without her." She thought, as her smiles faded from what she said before.

"So, how is she?" Mahiru asked with anticipation.

"That well, I think it's better you see her yourself." Said Koharu solemnly.

The girls cheerfulness went away as they heard those words. They knew that Yume would be feeling unwell but nothing could have prepared them for what they are about to face.

They walk their way to the patient nervously. Among them, the most nerve wrecked one in the group is Ako with her thoughts.

"God, I really hope I'm just being paranoid!" She thought, frustrating to herself.