Chapter 2 - The Sun Reminisce

Faded Star Arc

A group of girls are seen standing outside in a certain hallway, each with a worrying face. "To think her condition would be worse than we thought-" Mahiru sighs under her breath.

With one of their friends being missing while another's health is deteriorating by the day, the girls cannot help but feel pressured.
"Let's think of a way somehow! The least we could do is help Yume recover her strength!" Said Ako full of energy. The other two agree.

__________
At a different place of the same time.
___________

When day comes to night in a certain extravagant room within Venus Ark, now known as Neo Venus Ark, the famous idol academy in the form of a cruise ship that travels the world to scout talented idols, stands a young lady whose hair is of a striking and bright rosy pink with a Sakura flower colour as her front.

Looking at the sights of marines of which a contrast to her office, behind her stands three girls in white uniforms that have a gold line-up. The lady sighs as she is concerned over something making the girls wonder what it is.

"It was quite odd when I thought about it." The young lady says, her caught the girls attention. One of them then steps forward.
"What do you mean, Elza?" Asked a pale blonde girl to the young lady, who then closes her eyes. She then turned her head towards the pale blonde to answer.

"On the day of The World Cup, a few hours before the incident, I met with Yume Nijino. She was sitting by herself watching the sky. Of course, I greeted her. We had a few exchanges with each other. It was ordinary until..." The lady trailed off.

"Until?" Questioned the tea green haired girl. Elza was hesitant whether to tell them or to keep it to herself. Regardless, she chose the first.

_______ *Flashback*______

In it we see the tracks of which Elza walks outside the stadium. Thinking the weather was nice and that it'd be a shame to not bask in the sunlight. Though the stress does not get to her as always. Within a certain turn, she saw a person of whom she is familiar with. She then walks over to her and greet.

"Such a fine day today, isn't it?" Elza asked while also accepting the invitation to sit next to Yume on the bench. "Yeah, it is-" says Yume who then slows to a whisper.

"-Mumbles..." Yume's muttering could hardly be heard by Elza clearly. She then cocks her head towards Yume in question.

"What was that?" In which Yume responds with "Oh! It's nothing." Yume says with a smile. The smile itself is suspicious to her.

"Oh... *How strange, did I see it wrong?*"
She thought to herself. Alas she chose not to bother and kept her eyes to the stunning sky instead.

Yume then got herself up from the bench and spoke. "Say Miss Elza, I think it's best we go to our friends now."

"Indeed. Though our meeting is quite short this time around.-" She too stood up and gave a hand towards Yume.

"May the brightest star win." Yume smiles back while shaking both of their hands.

In the midst of it, Yume's eyes wander to the first sun as if staring at the reflecting light. "Take good care of your friends, okay."

Hearing that distraught her a bit, though unsure why, it was probably the impression of her aura that was shown by Yume. Yume let go of their hands and walks away with a wave.

____Back To The Room_____

"That time..." She says almost like a whisper if the room wasn't as silent. Elza reminisces about the meeting with Yume before the incident as it feels something is wearily odd about it. "There's no doubt... Her eyes... it changed colours."

This statement shocks the girls in front of Elza, some were even wondering if this is a joke. But then again, Elza is not someone who would do so, especially in a time like this.

"Her eyes changed colours?" Asked Rei, bewildered by Elza's notion.

"That's not possible, is it? It could be because of the atmosphere at that time." Aria, saying her opinion.

"I can't believe it either but-" Elza cuts herself off as she remembers the time she saw Yume in the distance waving at her one last time with a smile. Looking closely above that smile... saying that Yume's eyes were different is an understatement.

"-she looked back at me with those congenital eyes." Says Elza, remembering that time was like a bad memory to her or even worse that she could hardly explain it. At most likely possible cause, was probably because of how the incident is somehow related to the fading star. At least, that's what she thought.

"Are you saying that she might be related to the incident itself?" Though hesitant, Rei proceed to ask. Her face filled with concern and her arms crossed. As the three girls were awaiting the reply, the severity of this situation filled the air causing them to tense unknowingly.

Elza closes her eyes to ready herself and her friends who are awaiting her reply. Taking in a single breath, she then said "Yes, I'm sure of it."

In that last bit of her sentence, Kirara swore that she saw something shown dimly like flames reflecting upon Elza's eyes.