Chapter 5 - Unloving Dream

Faded Star Arc

"Pre-Recurrent" Side

     The howling winds in the cold night was a pleasure to the eyes of a young girl. Her blonde hair flew as she opened the window for fresh air. It seems that she can hardly fall asleep.
   "Another night, another nightmare it seems." She whispered to herself as to not wake her roommate.

   "The city is so pretty at night and calming too." the girl whisper to herself as she feels the oncoming air washed upon her face with vigour. She closes her eyes, feeling the air like a wave on the beach, remembering the times she had fun alongside her friends. Only once did it dull did she open her eyes which had a glimpse of tears reflected upon by the moonlight.
   Though it's a sad one, she tries her best not to think anymore negatively as to not break her almost calmed demeanor. Thinking she might cry once it happens.

   Once the girl thought she had enough of taking a breather, she closes the wooden window with care. Though a slight click from it escapes it's silence along with the thud of the window. The noise made her sleeping roommate groan, luckily she still slept through it.
   With a sigh of relief, the blonde girl went back to her side of the room where her bed is and took a seat quietly as she can on the white comfy mattress. A glint of smile on her face as she watches her friend sleeping soundly.

Taking a look at the clock, it is 2.45 past midnight. The girl whose awake sighs and ponder to herself as she lowered her head, looking at her feet. It's always somewhere near that number of time that made her most uncomfortable, although she herself doesn't know why.
     Then there's also that nightmare of hers. It's starting to get out of hand and can possibly interfere with her day to day routine and she herself had not told anyone of it as to not make them worry. The blonde narrowed her eyes and grasp her palm.

As she stares blankly at the floor, a voice spoke causing her to shiver. The girl closes her eyes and took a deep breath. "Great. Now I'm beginning to hallucinate too."  she thought. Calming her heartbeat had never been this hard before, just then her hands started to shake.

---------------

Another day with the sun risen. The city and country life alike is brimming with energy and busy to the many eyes. Such as a shopkeeper selling his fish of the day, a kindergarten full of kids learning and playing, sailors coming back from the sea after months in the raging oceans to sell his caught and to rest with his family, albeit they happen to come by the shore to see him.

  Despite all that, today is a tad bit special for it is one of the days an idol had a reserved space for a certain event. Hundreds, if not thousands of people came to see her perform. Before that though, they will have to wait for it's expected time so they went to other places and do certain activities of their liking.

Apparently today just so happen to be a yearly anniversary for a certain olden complex building and they had organised many kinds of entertainment for their customers to celebrate together. One of the many ways to promote sales is of course to invite celebrities though in this case being an idol.
   Which is why many idolic figures can be seen going through the many stationed event. For they too came there to see one of their beloved idol of all at times. Such is the case for Yume, Koharu, Mahiru and Akko.

They can be seen fooling around and spending their time at the booth around the stadium and enjoying the delicious foods as each one has a cup of their liking. At least that's what the others had thought. Yume wasn't particularly interested in any food which upset her friends evermore. They had picked one for Yume to tasted. At least she goes along with it.
   They too had to picked some street food thinking it might helps her remember those happy memories they had. After the many trip to each booth of their liking, minus Yume, the girls finally went to the designated area for their senior's performance.

---------------

"Goodness! This place is packed to the brimm!" Says Akko excitedly as she sips her drink.

"As expected. It's because of our senior of course." Mahiru exclaimed.

"I'm glad we managed to picked a good spot to see her perform. Right, Yume?"

   Koharu turned her head towards the owner of said name only to be responded with a nod of confirmation. Yume had been staring at them quietly. As if she hadn't been doing so before many times already. Then after a minute or so she would be in her own world, thinking about something. No one knows what was going on in her head. Not even her friends.
     It may not be much but for them it's enough to see their friend coming along with them to see this event. To them it means that yume is trying to move forward maybe a little but still an improvement nonetheless. They are after all still getting themselves heal from the incident that happened months ago. Yume being the most affected of them all.

On another note, a glimpse of a pale blonde can be seen standing, looking outside a clear glass pondering to herself. She seemed so lost in her thoughts.

"I hope with this, it can bring her spark back to life." she thought nervously as she placed her wrist to her chest. Hoping her prayer be answered.
   "Hey. Feeling nervous?" spoke aloud a purple haired lady coming from the door. Seems the blond didn't even noticed her presence coming in.

"How could I not... It needs to be bright enough to reach her heart." said the pale blond as she turn to face her friend. Seeing her friend had minimise her anxiety making herself smile unknowingly.
   "I see. To go as far as this for her... You know, that's very admirable of you Hime." the purple haired said as she walks towards Hime and puts a hand on one of her shoulders as a way to calm her friend.

"I just hope it can reach her. Even just a little, I want her to be able to open up." Hime's smile faded as soon as it came by. Lowering her head, her eyes wary to the tiles beneath.

"Who knows... maybe she'll be able to remember."