Chapter 5

"Mellissa?" Jace called as he walked through her room and stepped on some glass but his shoes were made or steel anyway. He heard her whimper and stepped out to see her hanging off the edge of the balcony.

"Darling you don't wanna do that " Jace says as he took his time walking to her. Melissa looked back at him relieved to see him. She gasped and lost balance but Jace was quick to grab her and pull her away from the balcony. "I've got you it's okay " he says as he held her close.

Melissa was shaking but she gripped tight onto Jace. She pulled back a bit and looked at him. "What about Lord Matthew " she didn't call him dad or step dad he was nothing to her.

"I want you to keep quiet and stay close okay " he says as he held hand and moved a curl out of her face. "Trust me " he says as he looked at her. Mellissa just nodded in response , "Let's go " he whispered and led her downstairs carefully.

"You think you can take my daughter!" Lord Mathew said as he struggled to stand up , he dripped blood while he walked and left a trail behind him.

Jace grabbed his sword "I'm warning take another step closer and I will kill you!" He warned as her step dad moved back away from them both. Jace held Melissa's hand firmly and rushed out of the castle and into a car where jace helped her in and the driver drove them away.

Jace turned to Mel "Mellissa are you alright ?" He asked as he looked at her and stroked her cheek. Melissa didn't let him speak she just kissed him, she only just met him really but she kissed him deeply and Jace didn't hesitate to kiss her back. He opened his eyes pulling back softly "I take that as a yes " Jace chuckled

Mel laughed as she looked at him her tears began to fall as well being overwhelmed by it all. "I-I'm finally free , thank you " she says

At least for now anyway.