Chapter 3 - Ahsoka

Sometimes, Ahsoka still questions if she was ready to get back into the fight again, but here she is. It hasn't been long since Raada, and the weight of everything that happened when the Jedi fell still feels like it's crushing her constantly. But somehow, she's grown slightly more used to the feel of it, after two years.

Maybe the only thing that makes it a shred easier is that she was already growing used to being away from everything when it fell apart. But it also leaves her wondering constantly, ceaselessly, what would have happened if she'd stayed. Maybe she couldn't have done anything to prevent what happened, but at least she would know what happened to Anakin.

Because she has absolutely no idea what happened to him. Even thinking about him hurts, especially when she remembers that last moment when she sensed him through the Force. It was like he was confronting the Sith Master, and then... nothing.

Likely, though, she'll never have an answer about what happened then. Way inside, she wishes she could believe that he's still alive, but she knows better than to hope. Believing it only to discover later that it was all a lie, would be more than she could handle.

But if nothing else, at least she can keep fighting for what he taught her to believe in. For what he would be proud of her for, if he were still here.

The sound of a beeping comm pulls her out of her attempted meditation – doing it these days at all is very difficult. But it's been engrained into her, and especially now, when she sensed the strangest disturbance in the Force only days ago. It reminded her of something long ago from during the Clone Wars, but she frankly has no idea how that could be possible. Unless she hears reports of something amiss of that nature, she'll feel free to temporarily dismiss it from mind, because frankly, she has other things to focus on.

Like helping with setting up the Rebellion network Rex was working so hard on while she was away.

Hurrying to check her comm, Ahsoka blinks in surprise when she realizes it's the private comm from Senator Organa. That's odd. Why would he be calling her now? He's never contacted her first – it's only been the other way around.

Naturally, he wouldn't want to put her in danger for no reason, or himself for that matter. So why...?

Her worry is only amplified when a figure of him appears, expression unusually grim. "Are you available for an urgent mission?"

"What is it?" Ahsoka asks, immediately.

"My daughter has disappeared. It appears to be a Force user behind it."

Ahsoka's eyes widen. This is bad. She remembers that Inquisitor she ran into on Raada far too well. She remembers the fear of coming back to see the entire village in flames. It reminded her far too much of things she'd seen in the Clone Wars, except on Raada, she was all alone against the threat. Even if defeating the Inquisitor had been surprisingly easy, it's not a moment she'll forget. There's people out there hunting Jedi and Force sensitives, and if they don't get Bail's daughter back soon, who knows what could happen to her? "Do you have any leads?"

"We have a tracker on the ship that took her. That is the most we can offer. We don't want word of this getting out."

"I'll do what I can," she promises, hanging up and immediately contacting Rex, just in case. He picks up the call surprisingly quickly. "I may need backup on a mission, if you're available."

"I'm a little caught up at the moment," Rex replies, throwing a swift glance around, "But I'll see what I can do."

He's busy with his movement for freeing as many clones as possible, she knows, so she'd hate to distract him, but honestly? Taking out another Inquisitor would deal a far more serious blow. Hopefully. Provided the Empire don't see the Inquisitors just as expendable, getting them constantly from... whatever Jedi they can pick up and turn.