𝟬𝟬𝟮 train ride

CHAPTER TWOtrain ride

CHAPTER TWO
train ride

CHAPTER TWOtrain ride

"Thalia?" Silver poked her head into the compartment as she asked who it was. But when she saw who was really inside, her little smile vanished, and she immediately excused herself before disappearing again.

"Who was that?" The black-haired boy asked around the room when Silver had disappeared. Everyone knew who he was. Even better, who his father was. He was Mattheo Riddle, son of Voldemort.

"Diggory's little cousin," replied Pansy as she was talking to Daphne about her vacation. The Slytherin group consisted of Mattheo, Lorenzo, Draco, Theodore, Blaise, Pansy, and Daphne. They were the well-known and feared Slytherin group. Everyone knew them and didn't want to get on their wrong side.

"The dead boy?" No one knew Silver Diggory as Silver Diggory. Everyone, or those who knew her, knew her as Cedric's cousin.

"Yes." As Pansy confirmed that Silver, was Cedric's cousin, a strange, uncomfortable feeling spread through Mattheo's stomach. He felt... bad. But why? 

Silver kept searching until she finally found the right compartment. "Thalia?"

"SILVER!" The blonde girl jumped up and hugged Silver tightly. "Oh, how I've missed you!" Silver almost couldn't breathe, Thalia had hugged her so tightly. She had missed the blonde girl. 

Thalia Hamilton was her best (and only) friend at Hogwarts. They had known each other since their first train ride. Thalia was a half-blood. Her father was a wizard, while her mother was not. In her first year, Silver got to show her everything she didn't already know about the wizarding world. The two were like sisters. Thalia, Silver, and Cedric used to be a trio. Where one had been, the others had never been far away. 

"I missed you too," she murmured into the crook of her neck. She felt safe, she felt comfortable. Thalia always had the best hugs. Well, the ones after Cedric. But since he couldn't give Silver anymore, Thalia's were now the best.

"How are you? You haven't written me back. You know, since Cedric died?" It was true that Silver hadn't written her back. She had ignored everything. She was just in her room, thrown off by everything. She had read the letters, but never found the energy to write back. 

"I'm fine," she murmured, smiling slightly. The smile didn't reach her eyes, however, as it usually did.

Thalia rubbed light circles on her shoulders as she looked at Silver. "You can tell me the truth."

"You can always tell me the truth, Sil." Cedric hugged the little girl, who was crying because a boy had yelled at her. Cedric found her in the garden and immediately asked what was wrong, to which she refused to answer. She knew that if she told Cedric the truth, the boy would not see the morning.

Silver shook her head slightly as the memory faded. "I'm fine. Really."

Thalia looked skeptically at her again, but knew she couldn't squeeze anything else out of Silver.

She slumped back and held out her arms. "Our fifth year! I can't believe it!"

"Me neither."

"What do you think is going to happen this year? A fire? Will someone die again? Or maybe a new teacher is a Death Eater?" The second one might not have been so smart of her, because Silver felt slightly uncomfortable about it.

It was normal for the two of them to do something like that, but normally, Cedric would be there. Since Harry Potter had been at the school, no year had been normal. These were Cedric's words.

"I don't know, Lia." Her voice was quiet, barely audible. Somehow, everything felt strange. The trip to Hogwarts was weird. She was too quiet. Normally, Cedric and Silver would be gossiping about their parents and goofing around about what would happen at Hogwarts this year.

"Anyway. I was at the Weasley's and overheard my parents. They said something about an order. That's all I could hear. Just a few names. Remus Lupin, our 3rd year teacher, and Alastor Moody. And Sirius Black. SIRIUS BLACK. You'll have to think about that!"

"Thalia. They put Black in there for a reason." Silver had a feeling. A feeling like she had to defend Sirius. Why, she didn't know.

"You're right." Before the girls could talk further, there was a knock, and a boy with a scar on his forehead walked in.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Harry." Silver gave him a small smile, which made him smile. People at Hogwarts had noticed over the past year how the Potter boy had found a little love for the Diggory girl. He would always look after her when she walked past him until she was out of his sight. Every time he talked to her, he had the biggest smile on his lips that lasted for hours.

"Hi." His cheeks became slightly redder. Thalia, who was watching the conversation amusingly, almost had to laugh at Harry Potter's shyness. "Could I speak to you for a moment, Silver?"

"Of course." Silver stood up and gave Thalia a nod as she walked out into the hallway, with Harry.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks." She knew that Harry felt guilty for killing Cedric. But she also knew that it was not his fault. Cedric knew something was going to happen, but still didn't want to stop.

"You just need to know that it wasn't a normal death. Voldemort-"

"Killed him. I know, Harry." The surprised look on Harry's face made her regret her words. Probably she would have to explain to him now how. Hopefully she could talk her way out of it a little.

"Something will happen in there, Silver. We both know that." Cedric hugged her tightly as she cried softly into his shoulder. He had rested his head on hers, just as they had done when they were little. Silver murmured under sobs that he should get out now and not to risk anything. He, however, just pressed a little kiss to her head. The last one, forever.

"What? How do you know that?"

"I believe you, Harry. And also, Cedric was completely healthy. He trained for that. He wasn't ill for him to suddenly die." Cedric had trained his whole life for the moment, in hopes that the Tournament would take place at Hogwarts. Silver always found it funny how he trained all the time. Whenever she asked him why he wasted all his time on it, he always said that he wanted to honor Hogwarts when the time came.

He suddenly enveloped the girl in a hug. "Thank you, Silver. For believing in me." 

"Of course." Silver patted him lightly on the back, overwhelmed with the whole situation. Harry let go of her when he realized he might have gone too far.

Silver uttered a soft 'bye' as she walked back into her compartment. Thalia sat waiting in her seat, looking at her expectantly. She sighed. "He said to me that Voldemort killed him."

"But you already knew that."

"But he can't know that." Silver settled into her seat and looked thoughtfully at Thalia.

No one could know that she had seen it. No one could know that she knew everything about the incident. No one could know that she, Silver Diggory, knew why and how Cedric really died.