𝟬𝟬𝟯 Great Hall

CHAPTER THREEgreat hall

CHAPTER THREE
great hall

There was something special about her

Those eyes.

Those blue eyes.

And her shyness.

Mattheo didn't know why he kept staring at her constantly, but somehow he couldn't help it.

It was as if she was the brightest star.

When she accidentally barged into his wagon earlier, something was interesting about her. He didn't know what.

He knew who she was when Pansy had said she was Diggory's little cousin. 

Of course, he knew.

How could he forget the nice girl he had met in his first year at Hogwarts?

The children laughed and everyone talked to each other. They hadn't seen each other for 2 months, so they had to talk about everything together. The food is in front of the pupils and many of them have already started eating. It was delicious, like every year. Most of the students were happy and no one looked sad. 

Nobody except Silver.

It seemed as if everyone had forgotten that he had died last year. That he had been murdered.

Everyone was getting on with their lives while hers was crumbling. 

It looked like everyone had forgotten about him. Not even his friends looked sad. But they never talked or spoke about him. Always about the positive. Silver wondered if Cedric was only ever the popular one because he was pretty and nice. Were his friends perhaps only his friends because of the fame that came with him? Did everyone like him because he was handsome? 

Before she could think about it further, however, Dumbledore began his annual speech.

"Good evening, children."  The talking stopped as everyone looked up to the headmaster. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year."

"When don't we," Thalia mumbled as she drank some apple juice.

"We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Professor Dolores Umbrigde." A short woman who was dressed in pink stood up from the table and made her way slowly to the front.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

Professor Umbridge cleared her throat as she had a perfect little smile on her face. "Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling at me." She looked over all the students when her gaze stopped at a dark-haired girl. Her eyes darkened slightly but returned to normal as Umbridge continued her gaze. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." With a final smile, she then looked to Dumbledore and nodded slightly as a sign that she was done and he could continue. 

Dumbledore cleared his throat, slightly overwhelmed, but continued as normal. "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was illuminating." As he continued his speech, Silver looked at Umbridge with slightly dark eyes.

"I know her," she whispered to Thalia. She looked straight ahead at her food, which lay there untouched. She didn't feel like eating. She had a feeling that if she ate right now, she would vomit.

"Who? Umbrigde?" Thalia asked, confused, as she took an apple and bit into it.

"Yes, she was there when they talked about C's death. She's from the ministry."