March 13, 2048

NASA has set up a physical for me tomorrow morning to verify I am in good enough health to enter space. This is the first of three with the second being at the beginning of training camp and the third being right before we enter the quarantine chamber to prepare for launch.

To be honest, I am a bit nervous. I've never had any medical issues up to this date, but one bad blood test can take me off this mission. Still, I think I've just been worrying too much recently.

If there's something I am worried about it's my psychological evaluation that will be taking place at the start of training camp.

I personally think I am a pretty levelheaded individual, but I do know the mental demands of an astronaut can be intense. Also, I've seen quite a few therapists as a child as a result of my father being quite proactive after I watched my mother's spaceship blow up as a child.

Personally, I don't think the therapist were necessary, after all I don't remember the explosion in the first place. The first time I saw it was on the news on the ten-year anniversary, and even that didn't really phase me. Still, I would say it was great parenting on my father's part.

I can confidently say I will be placing Diego in the best of hands. Certainly, he was a better parent than I've been. He wouldn't even leave me alone for a few hours to go to a ball game with his friends. I am leaving my son for eleven years. It still hasn't sunk in.