February 11, 2054

Well, this kind of sucks. Actually, it's amazing for Diego, but I can't help but feel jealous.

Apparently, a few months after I left, he felt guilty for not being there himself and tried to put in more of an effort. He started inconsistently, but his efforts had gradually improved.

Now he pitched in when he could, assisting as a volunteer coach on the baseball team, he had a wife and two kids with her, and he even pitched in to watch Diego while my dad had my surgery.

In fact, my dad had actually started to like the guy, which was crazy considering he felt he was trash back when we were dating.

Dad emphasized that Alex made sure to never overstep his bounds and made sure to only tell positive stories about me to Diego.

He had become the perfect father I was always wishing he was, and all it took was me leaving. It certainly had me feeling like absolute shit. I never thought I wouldn't be Diego's favorite biological parent.

This was good news for my son, and here I was on a spaceship sulking about it. Maybe I am a shitty mother.

Still, I swallowed my pride and wrote an appreciative letter to Alex. Growing up without me would be hard for Diego, and I was glad he was doing his part to make it easier on his son.

Hopefully these feelings of jealousy fade over time.