Chapter 3 - A Tour

You and the Cardinal are alongside each other walking through the Ministry, a sense of awe washes over you both. The polished tile floors reflect the soft glow of the chandeliers hanging above, casting a warm and inviting ambiance.

A smile is forming across your face as you both walk down the long hall from his office, you loose focus and everything becomes a blur. The sound of the tapping shoes from each step you both take on the tiles fade as you feel warm and fuzzy, walking in the Ministry halls beside him, you feel like you have enveloped in a cocoon of warmth and security. His charismatic presence adds an extra layer of comfort, making the experience even more enchanting. As you move together, the elegant architecture and soft lighting create a sense of intimacy within the glory of the halls.

You can hear a faint and discreet sound of the Cardinal's voice, breaking the moment you had. As he speaks, his voice carries a tone of enthusiasm as he points out the intricate details of the architecture, sharing tidbits of history and lore.

You both continued down the hall when you hit a beautiful room that is filled with the sunset streams through the tall coloured glass stained windows, illuminating the grand corridors adorned with tapestries and paintings depicting scenes from the ministry's history. You can't help but feel a sense of wonder as they take in the majestic surroundings.

He takes you into a dark lit room filled with  bookshelves filled with many books on end. The smell in the air carries a delicate scent of old books and the faint hint of roses from the bouquets that grace the occasional pedestals that are placed around the room. As you pass by the arched doorways, the Cardinal's explanations are laced with humor, creating a sense of trust between you both.

Throughout the tour, the Cardinal's charismatic presence and the beauty of the Ministry create an enchanting atmosphere. You feel as if you're captivated not only by the architectural marvels but also by the way his passion for the Ministry shines through, making the experience all more magical.

You both stop in your tracks and you turn to the Cardinal with a confused look on your face as to why you both have stopped. "My look at the time, it's 6:45, would you like to join us for supper y/n?" He looks down at you with a warm smile on his face. You look at the Cardinal with a smile,

"Absolutely Cardinal"

"Great y/n, we'll head over to the dining hall right now, dinner starts in about 15 minutes so we should head over now so you can meet the other ghouls and papas" He says smiling down at you.

Looking up at him you never smiled more in your life, he holds out his arm and gestures you to link your arm around. "Shall we?" he says, you smile as you both make your way down the corridors.

As the sun was about to set below the horizon, it has casted a warm, golden glow through the stain glass windows of the Ministry, you and the Cardinal walk as if the food was going to get cold, shoes tapping on the cold tile floors as you both made your way to the Ministry's opulent dining hall.

You and the Cardinal make your way into the dining hall for supper. As you both enter, the atmosphere is alive with the chatter of other members of the clergy, creating a warm and inviting ambiance.

Terzo and Secondo, sit together at the long table that fills the hall. They both glance at each other as they observe Cardinal Copia's entrance. Terzo, with his mischievous smile, leans over to Secondo and whispers, "Looks like young Copia has finally acquired an assistant. Who would have thought?" Secondo smiles, he replies, "Indeed, my brother. I remember when he used to claim he could handle everything on his own."

As you approach the table where the senior clergy members are seated, Terzo rises from his chair with a playful grin. "Cardinal Copia," he says, addressing him with a hint of sarcasm, "I must admit, you've surprised us all. An assistant? You've grown quite responsible." Cardinal Copia chuckles. "Times change, dear Papa," he responds, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "Even I require assistance every now and then."

Secondo joins the conversation with a smile on his face. "Ah, the journey of leadership is full of unexpected turns," he muses. "Welcome, y/n. It's a pleasure to have you among us." You offer a respectful nod, feeling a mix of awe and honor to be in the presence of the respected clergy. "Thank you."

As the evening progresses, the atmosphere in the dining hall becomes even more enchanting. The scent of a delectable feast fills the air, and the chatter among the clergy members grows livelier. Just as the main course is about to be served, a set of ghouls emerge from the kitchen, each one elegantly dressed and carrying trays of exquisite dishes.

From the corner of your eyes you can see the Cardinal is nervous, tapping his fingers on his plate, and his leg jumping. The aroma of the feast wafts through the air, a symphony of flavors that sets the senses ablaze. The dining hall is filled with the warm and inviting scent of freshly baked bread, roasted meats, and savory herbs. As the ghouls elegantly present each dish.

The main course arrives, carrying with it the intoxicating scent of perfectly seared meats and the savory essence of hearty sauces. Each dish is a masterpiece, carefully prepared to showcase the finest ingredients and the culinary expertise of Primo and his team of ghouls.

All the ghouls gather around the table, Primo making his way to his seat, he lifts a glass and chimes it to get everyone's attention "Everyone. Clergy. I would like to have your attention." Everyone quiets down and listens in to what Primo has to say.

"Cardinal Copia," Primo begins, "allow me to extend my congratulations to you. It's a remarkable feat to have an assistant, and it signifies a significant step in your journey of leadership." The Cardinal smiles, you can see the Cardinal has calmed down most likely and he isn't twitching as much anymore. "So let this dinner represent our success and as well as yours too Cardinal." Primo gives a light smile and sits down in his seat.

Everyone sits around the table enjoying the wonderful dinner Primo has prepared for us, you have a wonderful time talking with the other ghouls around you and you get to learn more about the ministry than ever before. 'Maybe this job is for me' you think to yourself.