Chapter 19 | Titanic Problems

I do not own Digimon. It belongs to its respective owners, which applies to music, videos, and images used in this fanfic!

Back With Y/n, Kari, and Tai...

Y/n was walking with Kari holding hands, while Salamon was still sleeping in her other free arm, and Tai and the Digimon were walking just right behind him.

"Why do I feel like a third wheel, right now?" Tai said as he looked at the two, as they continued their walk back toward the forest.

"How could you be a third wheel? You, Y/n, and Kari aren't a tricycle!" Agumon said to Tai, as he sighed remembering how dumb his partner could be.

"No you dunce, he means that he feels that he is not needed when Y/n and Kari are being together," Zubamon explained to Agumon who still looked confused.

"Hmm... I still kind of of don't get it but Tai! Can we get some Takoyaki?" Agumon said as he looked at Tai with a smile.

"Sure, I'll get you all the Takoyaki you can eat," Tai said with a small smile as he petted the top of Agumon's head as he fondly remembered some of the times he and Agumon were together.

"Y/n, do you think we are getting closer to the destination of Matt and the others?" Gabumon asked Y/n who continued to look straight forward, as the last bit of the sun fell off the horizon.

"Hopefully, and soon. Who knows where Machinedramon is? Or even Meicoomon for that matter," Y/n said as he just walked.

"How do you guys who Machinedramon is?" Agumon asked.

"It's a long story," Y/n said as he remembered Piedmon, Puppetmon, MetalSeadramon, and Machinedramon.

"Yeah, but pretty much they tried taking over the Digital World, while almost killing us in the process," Tai said simplifying the story as much as he could into one sentence.

"But thankfully we defeated them, right Y/n?" Kari said as she hugged the rest of Y/n's arms as she rested her shoulder on Y/n's making him slightly blush.

"Y-Yeah..." Y/n said while looking away as Zubamon began to think to himself.

"Hey, Y/n when you chased after Meicoomon a few days back, why didn't you want us helping?" Zubamon asked Y/n whose blush faded away quickly as Zubamon brought it up, as Kari's and Tai's faces also turned somber.

"We'd rather not explain it..." Y/n said as he remembered their fight with Meicoomon and the reboot.

"Ok, but what is with all the distortions?"

"Honestly I don't know. Maybe Izzy might have the answer," Y/n said as Kari nodded at him, and turned to Salamon.

"You know what? I don't know why a portal or distortion whatever just opens up towards the others-" Tai said as suddenly right in front of them a distortion opened directly surprising the group.

"Huh, look at that," Gabumon said as the rest stared into the distortion.

"Dang, Tai for once you not jinxing us," Y/n said as he looked at the distortion prepared for anything that could pop out of it.

"That was when I was 10, and you were 8!" Tai countered back to Y/n who just threw his hands in the air.

As the two were arguing while Kari and the Digimon stared, a butterfly seemingly out of nowhere, presumably from a flower or shrub flew in front of Agumon catching his attention, and flew into the distortion. Agumon being the powerful, but dunce Digimon that he is followed the butterfly into the distortion.