Rivaled Rematch

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(Mew driving in a car within a city with a star in the top-right corner)

Why am I being chased!? I didn't even do anything!? That rocket simply hit that gas station! I mean it's not like I meant to hit it!

(Takes a sharp turn on the street to outrun the police before seeing the readers.)

O-Oh, hi! Um... I swear this isn't what it looks like! Er-I-Um, I know, let's go over the previous chapter! So last time, Red, Leaf, and now Aldrick have arrived to Vermilion City. While Leaf and Aldrick rested, Red went on to do some adventuring and met up with Lt. Surge! After that, Red saw that Blue has finally reached Vermilion City.  And now, our two rivals are going to have at each other in a Pokémon battle! I wonder how things are going to end up!? Let's find out now!

Also, just wanted to say that I am working on a new design for Aldrick since I want to give him a better and more original look than the one I did before. So look forward to seeing the new design when I finish and hopefully I make more art of him.

(Police sirens get closer as now two stars appear)

Wha-!? What did I even do!?

~{PikaMew- September 29, 2023}~
_____________________________________________________

Day 3
~{ Vermilion Pier- 7:48 PM}~

"Hey there, Professor Oak. It's Aldrick."

Aldrick lounged by the city pier, his Pokémon at his side, as he reached out to Professor Oak via his Xtransceiver.

*Aldrick! How are you? Any updates on Red and Leaf?* came Oak's warm response from the other end.

"All good, Professor. You'll be happy to know that I've found Red and Leaf. Things are pretty safe with them. For now, at least."

*Oh, thank Arceus! Ever since Team Rocket hit the lab, I've been losing sleep worrying about them.*

"Thankfully, those two are capable of fighting back against any opponent. Anyway, there's something I wanted to ask."

*By all means. Ask me anything, Aldrick.*

"I remember you having a boat by the shore of Pallet Town, correct?"

*Yes. I have a speedboat that I use to research Pokémon in the sea. Why, do you ask?*

"I have a favor to ask. Two favors, actually. Could you bring your boat to Vermilion City Pier? And, could you bring Mew along with you?" Aldrick asked.

*I can get to the pier by morning. But, why Mew?*

Aldrick knew Oak was a trustworthy man, so he felt it was right to tell him his idea.

"I'm planning to take Leaf to the Sevii Islands. Along with Mew. While I'd like to tell you more, I think it's best that I tell you in person since there's something I would like to show you."

*I understand. But, what's the second favor you wanted to ask me?* Oak questioned.

"I'd like you to join us on the trip to the Sevii Islands, for research purposes. Again, I'll fill you in on the details once you're here."

*I do like the idea about going to the Sevii Islands. I'll be at the pier tomorrow, and you can tell me more about what you're planning.*

"Gladly. Thank you, Professor!"

Aldrick ended the call and turned his attention to his Pokémon.

"Alright, team, we've got our ride. While we wait for the Professor, we need to talk to Leaf about this."