Chapter Fourteen

Jade's pov:
After that crazy night, the Don came to my room every day. I really don't know how I ended up sleeping with him, but, I did.  I thought I would be repulsed by him because of who he is and what he had put me through. I don't. At the end of the day, it was my Dad's fault that I ended up here.

I enjoy the times when the Don puts his arms around me like he was protecting me. That night was explosive. He treated me with nothing but care and attention that night. I always wait for him every night and the time spent with him has only been three weeks.

Funny how I hate him when I'm not close to him but, have this yearning to be touched by him when he's close to me. I've been in this room since and I was tired of staying here from everyday. The only time I feel better is when watch tv, take my lectures and talk to Susan or Donald the bodyguard. Recently, he's been talking to me even though it was just a few words unlike before when he used to completely ignore me when I try to make small conversations.

As for the Don, I don't even bother to make small talk with him and he doesn't bother with me either after all, this is just a means to get what we both want. A toy for him. Freedom for me.

I'm breathing heavily due to the time we just had in bed and the Don pulled me closer to him as usual and I wonder why he does that. It felt awkward the first few times but I don't mind anymore.

"Don?" My voice didn't quiver when I speak to him anymore and I was happy about that.

"Hmmm?" His hands ran down my back soothingly.

"I want to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"I get lonely and bored most times here so I was wondering if I can be allowed to at least go to the garden sometimes." I held my breath for a second.

"You can. But Donald must be with you at all times."

"Thank you." Finally, I'll get some fresh air.

"You can thank me some way Fiore." (Flower) He runs kisses from my neck down to my stomach and then he comes back up to my lips to give me a toe curling kiss. And whispers Italian words into my left ear.

"Sei cosi fottutamente bella."
(You are so fucking beautiful)

The night goes on as usual with the same explosive moments.

************
I was taking up my opportunity to walk around the garden. Donald said I was allowed to also visit the pool but I didn't want to be anywhere close to the Don's family. Though they were rarely around.

Donald is walking behind me as instructed by the Don. I decide to head to the fountain to sit for a little while and I run into Miss Carmella. She's stylish dressed and her eyes are pointing daggers at me. When she gets to me, she looks at me from head to toe like I'm some piece of trash.

"So Marcello finally let you out." She gives a scoff. The way she said the Don's name sounds like she's familiar with him. And that doesn't sit too well with me.

"You are obviously no match for me little girl."

"I...I don't understand."

She gives a short laugh.

"You won't even last long here. The Don is mine. Do you understand me?" Her face turns sour and she shoots me a pointed look.

"Yes. I understand."

"Now that we understand ourselves, I'll leave you to enjoy your precious moments of bliss." I didn't need to be told that she was been sarcastic. She looks me over one more time and also gives Donald a look before leaving.

I don't know why her words suddenly bring tears to my eyes but it does and I take a sit. Donald sits beside me and for the first time ever, he puts his arm around me. I'm a little startled but still lean against him and I calm down almost instantly. We don't say anything for some time and then he removes his arm from around my shoulders with him clearing his throat.

"Sorry about that." I apologize to him when I see how uncomfortable he looks.

"It's fine. I should be the one apologizing. Don't let what she said get to you. She had a thing with the Don and feels like she owns him."

"Well, I don't care. Besides she can have him when I'm gone." I try to say that with as much bitterness as I can muster.

"You'll be free soon." He says that like he means something else but I don't think too much about it and just enjoy the fresh air and the scent wafting from the flowers before I have to go back to the room.

After sometime out in the garden, we walked back in. A maid walks up to me and said that the Don sent for me. Donald walks me to his study and stays outside when we get there. I open the door to see him and his second in command Stefano on the couch with papers strewn across the coffee table.

"Hello." I say that as a form of greeting to them. I'd seen Stefano around a few times when I was working . He scared me but not as much as the Don.

"Please give us a moment Stefano." He gives me a smile and goes.

"You sent for me."

"Yes I did. Come sit beside me." He scoots over on the couch.

"I'll be leaving for Italy tonight. I have some things to do over there so in a week's time, l will be back."

"Ohhh." Hearing that he will be leaving and be back in one week, got me a little bit excited. At least, I will have the time to explore some places that I haven't been yet in the mansion. And I won't have to sleep with the Don.

"I will miss your body fiore(flower) why don't you give me a little something to remember on my trip." He came closer and next thing I know, he is pounding and caressing me like he needed my body imprinted in his memory.