Regrets

Who thought being rich and famous be easy? For Makoto Naegi living the high life wasn't crack it all out to be. All he wanted was to live a normal life but he couldn't with the tabloids and all his fangirls all taking pictures of him whenever he was out.

He was 22 years old, and he owned a social media website which was very successful when it first launched two years ago and still to this day it was one of the most used social media platforms.

Makoto owned 75% of the social media site with the other 25% being owned by Chihiro. At one point it was a 50/50 split as Chihiro was the co-founder and he provided all of the code. But he wanted to leave the site behind and do his own thing.

But Makoto convinced Chihiro not to walk away completely and cut his stake in the company to 25% leaving Makoto as CEO.

Due to Makoto's popularity, he hired himself a bodyguard and much to his shock he hired his former classmate Mukuro. The latter wanted to become a bodyguard, and she left the country to learn from the best. This however damaged her relationship with her younger twin sister Junko.

Mukuro lived with Makoto as he owned a mansion and had plenty of bedrooms to be used. Mukuro kept Makoto in touch with reality and not let the wealth go to his head. The relationship was good between the pair. It was a brother/sister relationship. Instead of the employer/employee relationship.

The pair were sitting the living room after a long day out. Makoto had business meetings all day. While Mukuro did her job and protected her boss from the media and fangirls. Which the latter was tough because Makoto was a good looking guy and he had a charming smile to boot.

"I'm glad that's over with," Makoto sighed. "My feet are killing me!"

"Stop moaning Makoto," Mukuro replied as she was on her phone.

"Fine!" He groaned as he looked at Mukuro looking at her phone. "Will, you ever upgrade that old phone of yours? You've had that for a good three years now."

"I will upgrade it when I'm ready," she replied. "I like this phone, and it's the best one I've had so far."

Makoto didn't reply as he grabbed the tv remote and turned the telly on. The first thing he saw was one of his former classmates on the screen.

It was Kyoko Kirigiri. She had become a detective after leaving Hope's Peak. She was being interviewed by the media after she caught a murder.

"Kirigiri, you still look amazing," Makoto whispered.

"Did you say something Makoto?" Mukuro asked as she raised her head to see Kyoko on screen.

"I never said anything," Makoto lied. "I'm just watching the news."

"You know it should have been Kyoko Naegi," Mukuro said.

"Enough!" Makoto said icily. "We have been over the plenty of times. I didn't have feelings for her, and she didn't have feelings for me!"

"As if," Mukuro rolled her eyes. "It was clear to see not just me but everyone in our class that you two have massive crushes on each other."

"I said enough!" Makoto said firmly. "You don't see me bring up your damaged relationship with your sister."

Mukuro grew silent and looked down at the floor.

"Honestly," Makoto sighed. "I wish you dropped the whole me and Kirigiri thing. I pay respect your private life and never ask you what happened between you and your sister. I wish you did the same with mine."

Mukuro was still silent, and she stood up and walked out of the living room. Makoto began to rub his face.

"Master Naegi," said a soft female voice.