The future

Makoto was standing with his father as people gathered into a small room. It was his and Kyoko's wedding day.

"How are you feeling son?" His father asked.

"Nervous," Makoto replied. "I've stood in front of thousands of people giving speeches, and here I am feeling nervous about standing in front 20."

"You will be fine," his father replied. "It's quick. You will be married and have dinner in two hours."

"I am pretty hungry if I'm honest."

A year had passed for Makoto and Kyoko since they got engaged. Makoto got himself another bodyguard, and her name was Maki Harukawa. She took her job very seriously and she could very cold at the best of times. Kirumi recommended Maki to Makoto and for the most part. Maki scared the press and fangirls. Which the latter weren't impressed that Makoto was going to marry detective and not them.

While Kyoko kept herself busy with her work with some teasing from Junko. Since Kyoko would be on her honeymoon. Her grandfather Fuhito would come of retirement for two weeks to cover Kyoko's job.

Makoto looked around to see Kirumi smiling at him. Along with his mother and other family members. Fuhito gave Makoto a small nod. While he saw his former classmates smiling at him and few of them were giving him the thumbs up. He also saw Maki in a black suit leaning against a wall arms folded.

"Your bodyguard scares me, son," his father said.

"She scares me too sometimes," Makoto replied. "But I'm safe today anyway. You're the best man. You can take the scary glares from her," he chuckled.

"That will be right," his father laughed.

The minister walked into the room and stood in front of Makoto and his father. "Ladies and gentlemen can all of you please stand for the bride."

Everyone stood up, and music began to play. The doors opened, and Kyoko walked into the room with her father arms locked together. Aoi and Komaru who were the bridesmaids walked into the room together.

Class 78 were stunned by how beautiful Kyoko was. She was wearing a long white wedding dress and white gloves to hide her hands. She had two braids instead of her classic one.

She walked up alongside Makoto who had kept his eyes forward to avoid looking at Kyoko until he was told to do so.

Jin sat down next to his father.

"Everyone thank you for coming on this special day," the minister said. "Groom, Bride, you may look at each other and hold hands, and we will make the vows."

The couple looked each other and Makoto was left stunned by how beautiful Kyoko was. While Kyoko couldn't believe this good looking young man was all hers.

Makoto spoke first. "I, Makoto Naegi take you, Kyoko Kirigiri for my wedded wife, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."

Then Kyoko spoke. "I, Kyoko Kirgiri take you, Makoto Naegi for my wedded husband, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."

"The rings please," the minister asked. Makoto's father went into his pocket and pulled two rings and handed one to Kyoko. She raised Makoto left hand and put the wedding ring on his wedding finger.

Mr Naegi then hands the other ring to his son. He raised Kyoko left hand and took her white glove off and put the wedding ring on her wedding finger.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife; you may kiss the bride," the minister smiled. Makoto and Kyoko kissed. Everyone started to clap as the newlywed couple faced their friends.