Chapter 5: Return to the Ancient Sea

She stepped down from the Starskiff onto the soft sand with Blade and looked out at the sea

She can feel it. The roaring waves were restless, like a dragon sailing through the sea in turmoil.

Blade stands beside her, he too, looking out at the sea.

Gray clouds start rolling in, leaving a few streaks of sunlight coming down from the sky. The sounds of the waves hitting the shores rhythmically.

Blade turned and walked away, muttering, "Scalegorge Waterscape, it's been so long...."

She stood in her place as if frozen in time. A sense of familiarity washed over her.

The ebbing movements of the waves pull out to sea again, pulling her out of her trance.

She turned around and followed Blade, walking towards the Dragonvista Rain Hall, where the sacred statue of the Vidyadhara High Elder is located.

As they walked through the hall, Cordelia spotted a warp trotter. The docile interdimensional creature trotted along the path that led off from the main pathway. looking for food.

Travelers who stumbled upon them saw them as good omens.

But thinking about it now, she realizes Caelus never sees it as a good omen, rather, he sees them as treasure chests.

That boy, always capturing those trotters for stellar jades.

She shook her head slightly and smiled fondly at the thought, keeping in mind to tell him later.

They stopped in front of the statue, which has been greatly changed by the years of weathering.

The statue served as a reminder of a monumental grace in the history of the Xianzhou Loufu bought forth by the High Elder Yubie, the bearer of the Azure Dragon's legacy.

It was here, that he commanded the ancient waters of the ancient sea to engulf the Arbor's roots, spreading rains and clouds to bless all living souls, suppressing the Mara crisis temporarily.

The statue stood in front of the two in all of its past, ancient glory.

Blade stared up at the statue. His blank, devoid of any emotions. It's impossible to see what he was thinking.

She observed the statue along with him and reached out to touch the smooth, cold surface.

"Yingxing! Hurry up!"

"Slow down, Ye Ying, Dan Feng is not going anywhere."

"But what if something important came up for him if we don't hurry?"

A soft chuckle flows through the air. "We'll have to see."

She let out a gasp, stumbling back. Her heart pounded in her chest, her eyes darted around the area.