Chapter 6: Distant Reunion

"There's no other way, forgive me

"There's no other way, forgive me." Dan Heng said apologetically, smashing the last of Yanqing's swords.

The young boy fell to the ground after an intense battle against the two men, the former Vidyadhara High Elder and a Stellaron Hunter.

Broken shards of swords lay on the ground around him.

He looked quite angry and displeased, a smoldering look in his eyes.

Blade smirked smugly, almost as if he was taunting the boy while Dan Heng simply stayed silent.

"You know, keeping you in control with my Spirit Whisperer took a lot more energy than I thought." Kafka said, releasing Cordelia from the stiffening effect.

The white-haired woman almost dropped to the ground, her legs feeling jelly. Her leg muscles must have went to sleep after being controlled for what felt like an eternity.

Kafka gives her a knowing look, as if she knows something Cordelia doesn't know, before walking up to Blade, smiling.

Cordelia stared after the female Stellaron Hunter and turned her head away warily.

Although it was against her wish, she decided not to hold it against the sly woman. Cordelia followed behind her.

"This... is not... over yet..." Yanqing hissed out.

"Hmph." Blade crossed his arms, a smug grin on his face.

Dan Heng flicked his gaze from Yanqing to Blade.

"All of you, stop," Kafka said as a wave of hypnotizing effect pierced through their bodies. Their hearts beat slightly faster.

Blade looked up from the boy, his gaze meeting Cordelia's, his red eyes trying to ask her something. She shook her head, indicating that she was fine.

"...What did you do?"  Dan Heng turned to Kafka.

"Just clearing the stage for the grand entrance,  wouldn't want the three of you misbehaving in front of the Xianzhou's famous general." The hunter responded.

"Haha, what a surprise reunion." A lazy, calm voice said from behind them.

The group turned around.

"General!"

Jing Yuan walked towards them, stopping beside Yanqing, a lazy grin plastered on his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

He gave Yanqing a small nod before his golden gaze flitted from each person mindlessly before landing on Dan Heng.

"Old friend, we meet again."

From where she was standing, she could feel Dan Heng tensed up. "I'm not him."

Jing Yuan let out a hum in reply, a soft smile on his face. However, a spark of sadness and misery was evident in his eyes.