Chapter 7: Dream of the Past

"Get rid of the flowers, I'll go for the body

"Get rid of the flowers, I'll go for the body." Jing Yuan gripped his weapon, launching forward.

The golden flowers summoned by Phantylia are deceitful to the eyes. They shined brilliantly like flames, drawing clueless moths in, burning them for what they thought was warmth and light.

One careless mistake and you're a goner.

The beastly flowers attacked relentlessly, locking her in as the ultimate target.

It was an understatement, to say the least, that it was exhausting trying to get rid of the flowers

But what is there to lose if she is not the one going against Phantylia all by herself? Jing Yuan was clearly struggling against the Lord Ravager.

She stepped in, breaking through the defenses of those golden flowers. Soon, more take their place. However, instead of the simple gold flowers like before, their petals came with intricate designs, surrounded by a dark aura.

She glanced back. Blade stood at the entrance of the ridge, leaning lazily against one of the pillars. He had made it clear that he wasn't going to intervene in their fight against Phantylia, he was only there to watch the show. Once it ends, he will take her away. Though he will never admit that.

Now that he thinks about it, wouldn't it just be easier to use force instead? No, it wouldn't. How would she see him if he did that again?

It's amusing to think that somebody like Blade would waste his time thinking about the consequences of his actions. But here he is, doing just that.

"What a joke." He muttered under his breath.

His eyes gazed lazily at the scene in front of him as he ran a hand through his red-tipped hair.

And suddenly, he's on the battleground, blocking the incoming attacks with his body and sword.

If he's not going to intervene, then why is he here now? Beside her?

He had to block the attack for her. Couldn't give up a chance to death.

He slid his middle finger and index through the blade of his sword, feeding it his blood. Red stamen encircled the sword, exuding a bloody aura around it.

Perhaps it was Blade's intervention, or something else altogether, they managed to push Phantylia to her last resort.

"What would happen if I turned the Xianzhou Loufu's general into a Voidranger...?" Phantylia said, her massive form leaning closer to take a look at the general she held captive. 

Jing Yuan looked up at the Lord Ravager.

Cordelia looked up in horror, seeing him flailing in the air.

Dan Heng put an arm in front of her. "Don't."

The general struggled in the air, struggling against Phantylia's attempt to make him her vessel. But all the while more, he had a small smile etched onto his lips, a smile that could never hide away the seriousness in his eyes. The Lightning-Lord he summoned charged up, golden flash of lightning sent static into the air.

Phantylia's eyes widen. "What are you...?" 

The Lightning plunged its weapon into Phantylia's body, sending her into overdrive as golden light spilled out of her form.

Jing Yuan's face suddenly tightened in agony, gritting his teeth. In the midst of his struggles, he stretched his arm, his hand clenched into a fist. "Dan Heng... do it!"

Dan Heng obeyed, positioning himself, and leaped into the air with Cloud Piecer, the water of the Ancient Sea accompanying him. The spear shot through Jing Yuan's body, freeing him from the Destruction's grasp.

The Viyadhara have his arms outstretched, catching the white-haired general.

Phantylia laughed, the sound echoing through the ridge. "A surprise indeed. However, I only lost a body I had stolen on a whim. But you, how long can you last?" Phantylia, now a ball of yellowish-green flame danced in front of the group.

Cordelia rushed forward with others, Dan Heng's arms wrapped around Jing Yuan - but not quite touching him - as the general stood up.

"Begone, pawn of Destruction." He raised an arm and brushed the flame away. "Tell the Legion that the vengeance of the Hunt will come."

The flame faded into the sky.

. . .

She let out an exhausted sigh as she lay in bed, staring at an unfamiliar ceiling, in a unfamiliar room.

Her head turned towards the slight movement outside of the bedroom door.

"Probably Blade making sure u wouldn't try anything funny... not that I would." She thought.

Her mind begin to wandered to the events from today.

Dan Heng transforming into his Vidyadhara form, fighting again Phantylia and getting kidnapped by a Stellaron Hunter.

Her mind slowly wandered to Blade. The dark-haired swordsman she just met today and yet, she have already gotten comfortable around him. Too comfortable for her liking.

But she couldn't help it, how could she? Blade is the definition of perfection, the epitome of dangerous perfection.

She breathe in sharply. She shouldn't be thinking about a man she just met, but for a man she just met, it feels as if she had known him for an eternity.

Sleep soon caught up with her as her eyes closed slowly.

. . .

A warm breeze brushed past her, gently caressing her face. The moon hangs brightly in the star-glittered sky.

"Yingxing?"

The silvery white-haired man hummed in reply from beside her.

"When are you going to be done?"

"Soon."

She let out a huff. "You said that an hour ago."

He took her hand and squeezed it gently. "Ten more minutes, I promised."

She can feel his warm, calloused hands against her own soft hands. His hand didn't feel rough, rather, quite the opposite. Comforting and soft.

"Okay..."

He smiles gently at her. "Are you not cold? Your hand is freezing." He asked as he squeezed her hand once more, letting go of her hand, and looked down at the blueprint of the weapon he wanted to create.

She shook her head. "Not really." She watched as a small breeze stirred up the pink petals on the ground near the ancient roots, dancing up a tiny pink storm in the air.

She watched as he worked, the gentle smile on his face slowly disappearing. She looked down at the ground, her own smile fading away.

"If only I can keep all of us safe..."

                                           . . .

Guys... I don't know how to write a fighting scene... 😭
But I tried my best to make it interesting for you guys!  ❤️