Chapter 5

The engine vibrated softly as you sat in there with both hands leaning on the steering wheel, tapping your fingers impatiently. The screen of your device already reads 10:38, yet no sign of Yeji is to be seen.

Feeling frustrated, you shut off the engine and decided to call her: "Noona, how much time do you still need?" You asked.

"Sorry, sorry, Y/N! I am almost done!" She quickly replied, ignoring your hasty tone.

"Just a friendly reminder, I told you to bring a changeable set, not your whole wardrobe." You sighed as you lowered your forehead. Before you could continue your series of ranting and complaints, she ended the call.

The sunlight has now made its way through the windshield and is directly shinning on your head. You adjusted your body into an awkward position to escape but to no avail. Defeated, you turned on the radio in hopes for a sufficient distraction from the burning sensation.

Good morning, you are listening to CBS Music 93.9 FM... Before you could finally dwell on your inner peace, a sudden light rhythmic tap on the window shifted your attention.

You turned down the radio and rolled down the window slowly, creating a dramatic effect.

"Hey Y/N, sorry for the wait," Yeji grinned and gave you a wink.

"Well, well, well, look who finally decided to show up after... 1 hour and 34 minutes," you said sarcastically as you stared at your blank wrist, mimicking the gesture of checking the time.

She rolled her eyes back, "oh come on, it has only been a little less than 15-ish minutes."

"Whatever, let's get going now, hop in."

She stood outside looking at you with a cheeky grin.

"Hmm? What are you doing? And what's up with that weird grin?" You asked innocently.

"A true gentleman with distinguished etiquette opens the door for the lady," she replied in a snobbish tone, crossing her arms.

Reluctantly, you stepped out of the vehicle and made your way to open the passenger seat door. Yeji thanked you and as she was about to step in the car, you decided to get her back by tickling her waist.

"Kyaaa!" she screamed and giggled as she struggled to escape your continuous attacks.

———

As you were driving her to the surprise destination you had in mind, the only thing you could hear was her angelic voice as she sang to every song you played on your playlist. Yeji held a mini concert the whole way through the ride. As she stopped for a water break, you decided to tease her a bit.

"I never knew you could sing. You were tone deaf when we were still kids!"

"HEY."

"That was a dramatic change, not gonna lie."

"Well, I am actually a trainee under JYP. I train my vocals every day you know..." She stopped as she saw your surprised expression. "Oops, I don't think I was supposed to tell anyone."

"Holy shit—JYP? I never knew you were that talented."

"I might debut soon you know? It has always been a dream of mine..."

"I am happy to hear that you are pursuing your dreams. Noona, I wish you all the luck when you debut, and don't forget about me when you become famous!" That was probably one of the safest moves to make to avoid making the atmosphere sentimental.

"Araseo, araseo..." Yeji replied with a chuckle

"Hey, by the way, why did you come visit me?" You asked, curiosity finally getting the best of you.

"Does missing you and holiday sound like a valid reason?"

"Ok, just asking..." You said as you were finding yourself a lot to park.

As you parked your car in the empty parking lot, you were able to see Yeji's mood suddenly bright up. It was not even a split second when Yeji mysteriously teleported from the passenger seat to standing outside, embracing the moisty breeze from the beach.

The weather was nice out today, it seemed like you were lucky enough to come to the beach with your childhood friend. During the walk alongside the beach, you noticed that Yeji was awfully quiet. You decided to check up on her by stealing a glance to your right, and you found out that she was smiling while enjoying the view of the endless blue ocean. While you were enjoying the ocean view alongside her, you couldn't stop peeking at her. Unexpectedly, she looked at you with an innocent smile.

"Thank you, Y/N, it has been a while since I've been to a beach..."

Her words did not process in your mind as you were startled by her turning to face you.

Shit. Did she catch me looking at her? She probably thinks that I am a weirdo now.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Yeji gently poked you.

You quickly forced a smile to hide your embarrassment.

Time went by quickly as both of you were immersed in conversations about your lives after she left. The conversation between the two of you was put to a stop as you found yourself standing in front of a Jet ski rental board.

"Are you interested?" You spoke up.

"Mhm, looks like fun," Yeji replied with a slight hum.

The Jet ski session was relatively short as you cherished every moment where waves of cool water contacted your exposed skin under the heat. The peachy scent lingered as her hair occasionally found its way to your face. Her petite figure in your embrace

These moments always fly pass quick, it was already noon after the short lived excitement you have had since graduation.

————————

Hey guys, I'm very sorry for the sudden hiatus without notice. We've been too occupied with school last year that basically demolished our motivation to continue on. However, I would still like to thank y'all for still waiting and reading this story.

Other than that we are also publishing a new oneshot book. It'll mean a lot to us if y'all take some time to check it out. 🙏🏿