Broken heart (Caesar X Reader)

Baking the cake, preparing the decorations, determining the list of songs to be played, cleaning the house, getting a beautiful hairstyle and putting on the best clothes from the wardrobe. You are very excited that your friends will arrive soon and will see the result of your hard work. It'll be the first time you'll spend your birthday this way, and you're very happy about it.

When you hear a knock on the door, you quickly run towards them. Opening the door, you saw Joseph, Suzi Q and Caesar.

- Happy Birthday, (Reader)!- The three of them cheered loudly, making your cheeks turn red a bit and your eyes glow with happiness.

- Oh thank you! Come on inside.- You invited them into your house with a hand gesture, moving from the door so they could come in.

When everyone makes themselves comfortable, you bring the cake and lit the candles. Your friends sang loudly "Happy Birthday", and of course Joseph was the loudest one. Laughing, you blew out the candles, making a wish in your head.

Each one of you got a piece of cake and sat down on the couch. You took a seat between Joseph and Caesar, Suzi Q sat down beside a brunette. You tried to be as close to Joseph as possible, because you have a slight crush on him.

But then something that you didn't expect, happened. Suzi plants a gentle kiss on Joseph's cheek, making you feel shocked.

- You're finally a couple? It took you a while...- Caesar teased sarcastically.

- Oh shut up, Caesar!- Joseph whined.

- Finally?- You looked at the blonde sitting next to you, with widened eyes.

- After all, they had been attracted to each other for a long time.- Caesar laughed, putting his arm around you.

- Yeah, you're right.- You answered quietly, looking down.- I'll bring some food and drinks.

You quickly got up from the couch and rushed to the kitchen. Of course bringing snacks was only an excuse, to get away from the group.

But Caesar noticed that something was wrong. He went after you to the kitchen, worried about you. He found you standing against the sink, washing the dishes.

- (Reader), want me to help you?

You shuddered, when you heard a familiar voice behind yourself. You quickly shook off your emotions and smiled lightly, turning your head towards your friend.

- If you want, then sure.

Caesar stood beside you and started wiping the wet dishes, that you just washed. He noticed that your expression is much different than it was earlier. You seem absent and sad.

- Something happened? Or you're feeling sick?

- Eh?- You looked up and met a friend's worried expression.

- You seem lost in thoughts. Something's bothering you?

- I'll tell you, if you promise me that you won't tell anyone.- Your expression turned more serious when you looked straight into his eyes.

- I promise.

- For a longer while now, I have had a slight crush on Joseph... But since he's with Suzi... They seem happy... I don't want to take it away from them... And I also won't have a chance against her, if he had to choose between us both... I'm not even in one percent as beautiful as she does...- You quickly avoid eye contact, turning your head away.

- That's why you reacted like that? Oh, (Reader)...- Then he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

You relaxed a bit in Caesar's embrace, returning his hug. You close your eyes and let yourself take a deep breath of his scent. His perfume always soothes in the worst moments, and now it helps as well.

- I know that this can be difficult, but try to enjoy having him as a friend. You can always count on him. Maybe you won't be a couple, but still friends. Having friends in life, is very important too.

- Thank you, Caesar...- Slowly you move your head up, looking into your friends green, shining eyes. They are also able to calm you down. In general, Caesar's whole demeanor is reassuring.

- We're always there for you, cara.- His delicate lips brushed against your forehead, making you blush lightly.

Caesar slowly pulled away from you, taking a bowl of snacks and you grabbed drinks and glasses. Both of you go back to the living room, where are Joseph and Suzi Q.

The rest of the party went nicely, until goodbye time. Caesar was the only one left. He's been waiting for this moment the entire party, and now it's finally here.

- (Reader)...

You turned around, only for Caesar to press his lips against your moist ones. His hands rest on your waist, holding you close. When he moved away from the gentle kiss, he looked down at your shocked expression.

- I wanted to do this for a longer while. You captivated me like no other woman could. You are my little ray that will always brighten up my day. I'm tired of seeing your unhappy face. I want you to know that I really love you, (Reader).

Your heart starts beating faster and you don't know what to do with yourself. That's right, you always felt safe by Caesar's side, but do you feel the same, he does? You decide to go after the voice of your heart, knowing what both of you want and need.

- I know this can sound desperate after what I told you earlier today, but... I realized it wasn't Joseph, who is the one my heart is beating for...

This time, you placed a gentle kiss on Caesar's lips, holding onto his arms gently. It was a short but pleasant kiss. When it ended, both of you looked into each other's eyes.

- Maybe... I could stay and help you with cleaning?

- I would not mind.

Author's note~

This one shot is based on an event from my own birthday. But in my case there was no Happy End.

I hope you enjoyed the story. Have a wonderful day/night. Love you!