2.

After a long night and no sleep those questions still being the main topic of thought.

Samantha decided to text Alexia.

"Hey, are you up? We need to talk." The text read.

"Yeah I'm up and you're right we do need to talk, like as soon as possible." Alexia replied.

"Okay I'm free this morning if you wanna meet up for a coffee at 9am?"

"Sounds good to me, mi amor."

This caused Samantha to blush.

Samantha got ready, put her hair up into a high ponytail then went to go meet Alexia. She had one or two things she wanted to discuss with the blonde. One of which was Barcelona, the other was her feelings towards her.

The words Ona had said the day before had really stuck with her. "You're both hopelessly in love with one another." These were the thoughts that ran through Samantha's mind all morning.

As she arrived at the coffee shop Samantha looked for a certain blonde which she was grateful to see.

"Ale, you look great." Samantha said.

"Thank you, as do you." Alexia replied.

Samantha left to place her coffee order and returned to the table where Alexia was sat.

"So I have asked you here because there are two very important things I need to talk to you about." Samantha asked before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Sure okay, what is it you'd like to talk about?" Alexia asked.

"Okay the first things is about my career, I had an offer from Barcelona, how would you feel if I signed and we played for the same club again?" Samantha asked looking very nervous.

"I would love it if we could play together at club level again, I miss my little striker." Alexia chuckled.

"I'm not little, you're just tall but I missed playing with you too mi reina, it's always good playing with the woman you've known since you were kids." Samantha giggled.

Alexia just glared at her. "So what was that other thing you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, yes, so it's something I've been meaning to talk to you about for a while ago now." Samantha said before being interrupted by Alexia.

"Come on stop building the suspense, what is it?" Alexia said, sounding pretty impatient.

"Well uh, I have been keeping this quiet for a while, but I have feelings for you Alexia, more than friends or best friends, I grew up with you and you know nearly everything there is to know about me. You've been with me through all the heartbreaks and all the happy moments but none of them felt right because although you were by my side, you weren't by my side in the way I wanted you to be." Samantha said.

"You weren't joking when you said you were keeping it quiet, you're an idiot, you should have told me, I've had feelings for you for a very long time Samantha but I could never tell you because you always seemed to have a partner when I finally built up the courage to ask you. I still remember the first time I realised I had feelings for you, it was one night in 2013 when we both made our international debut for Spain in the euros, you looked so happy heading out onto the field and your smile just made my day, seeing you happy because of me was all I wanted ." Alexia said.

"I didn't realise that's how you felt, oh my... Ona was right, I was completely oblivious." Samantha replied.

Alexia looked at Samantha with a look of confusion but decided not to question it. "I'm glad you didn't realise, because even though I wasn't the cause of your happiness you were still happy which was okay with me." Alexia said.

Samantha didn't know how to feel about this, she dated because she didn't know about Alexia's feelings, of course that would have made her want to try and date to forget about her own.

Alexia also didn't know how to feel about this.

The two girls were conflicted because they thought they were putting each others best interests first when it turns out they haven't.

"Okay swiftly moving on, so you're seriously considering Barcelona?" Alexia asked.

"Well yeah, I get to be closer to you and I also get to enjoy Spain all year round, not just for international duty." Samantha said.

"I think you should go for it, I'd love to see you in a Barca jersey again." Alexia added.

"Me too, I feel at home in a Barca jersey, but don't tell the Manchester United fans that." Samantha laughed. Alexia also laughed along with her.

"Don't worry I won't, so when you going to let them know your decision?" Alexia asked.

"Well I was thinking of doing it this afternoon, but I have one other thing I have to do first ." Samantha said.

"Oh... what's that?" Alexia asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend Ale? Samantha asked.

"Hmm... you'll have to give me a few days to think about it." Alexia said in a joking tone.

Samantha just laughed.

"No but seriously I will be your girlfriend." Alexia added almost immediately.

Samantha leaned over and placed her hand on top of Alexia's. Alexia allowed herself to relax at the touch.

"Well this was an eventful morning." Samantha laughed to herself.

"You're right it was, the lack of sleep was definitely worth it now." Alexia replied.

The two girls finished their coffees before heading their own separate ways for the day. Samantha had to contact Barcelona whilst Alexia had to pack for Spain.