XI

"Just where the Hell have you been, young lady?"

My father is fuming. And I momentarily think about turning around again and walking back out through the door. " I was with Skai. We just went for a ride, dad."

"I specifically TOLD you not to go out of those hospital doors!"

"I couldn't take it in there! It freaked me out. All the clean smells and beeping from the heart monitor. It just freaked me out."

" I don't give a damn, Amy! What I say goes, and you deliberately disobeyed me!"

I grip my phone, and shake my head. "Whatever." I say emotionlessly.

"Um excuse me. Come back here!"

Groaning mentally, I turn around to face my father. His whole face is red, and I can tell he's having trouble composing himself. " You've been acting different these past few months. And your mother and I don't like this person you're becoming. And, honestly I think this behavior is rubbing off from your friends-"

"What!"

"Now look. Do NOT interrupt me. I'm not banning you from seeing your friends, but I'm telling you now. If you want to continue hanging out with them you better start changing your attitude. Immediately."

I bite my tounge.

"Okay?" My dad asks. "Yes," I say. "Whatever."

I know how much my dad hates that word. Saying whatever to him is like the equivalent of telling your parent to fuck off.

"And you are grounded!" He yells as I walk away. "Two weeks! Maybe more if you keep this act up!"
_________________

Sitting in my treehouse, I pull out my phone to find a text from Skai.

SKAI- HEY THE PRTYS @ NINE. ILL PIK U UP @ 8:45, COOL?

ME- YEAH. SURE. WHOS GONNA BE THERE?

SKAI- PROBABLY NOBODY U KNO.

ME- THEN WHY THE HELL AM I GOING?

SKAI-CUZ ITS A COLLEGE PRTY. AND I WONT KNOW ANYONE EITHER. COME PLZ. I NEED SUM1 TO ENTERTAIN ME (-;

Oh man. Who knew a winky face could do so much to a person?

ME- YEAH. AND IM SUCH A GREAT ENTERTAINER. -_- CAN I AT LEAST INVITE WOLFE.

SKAI- NO.

ME- WHYYYY?

SKAI- AMY. COME ON. I JUST WANT IT 2 B U AND ME.

Ohhhh.

ME- OHHHH. (-;

SKAI- NOT IN THAT WAY,PERV.

ME- SORRY.

SKAI- (-; <3

What the hell is up with her and these bipolar emojis?!

I put down my phone and look at the clock next to my ratty sofa. It's only seven. I still have two hours. I groan, and throw myself on the sofa. Something hard jabs into my back, and I pull it out from behind me. A book. Pride and Prejudice. I decide that I might as well start the book, considering that I have nothing better to do for the next two hours.