R&R

Word Count: 681

Claire was at work. Currently, she was at lunch and was having a nice caesar salad and an Arizona tea, secretly mixed with watered-down whiskey and lime. She heard a knock on the door and almost snorted her drink out her nose. She coughed a bit and wheezed out a "come in." She calmed down as the person came in and was met with a pleasant surprise as flowers were placed on her desk. She looked up and standing there was Dr. Ghost. Or to her, Jack. He smiled at her, "Hey gorgeous." She smiled back and stood up from her wheelie chair. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, handsome. What are you doing here?" He smirked at her and placed a hand on her waist, "came to see my quote-unquote 'best friend' at work." She stepped back a bit and looked him up and down. She struggled not to stare. "You've been to work as well I see." His lab coat had been freshly washed, meaning he had cleaned it before coming here. Claire could still feel the warmth from the dryer on it. "Maybe..." he tried to deflect. She gave him a look and he rolled his eyes. "Ok maybe I did go to work on someone but it wasn't too bad." He laid his head on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. Okay, something was up. He wasn't usually this affectionate out of nowhere. "What's wrong?" She asked placing a hand in his hair and rubbing his back. She felt his warm breath on her neck as he sighed in exhaustion. "I haven't been sleeping. I've been so dead-set on trying to find a way to lift this stupid curse for us. It's hard seeing as I'm not familiar with it. Plus, on top of that, I'm trying to learn this tiq stuff from the girls and it's just.." he trailed off. She exhaled. She hated seeing him like this. "You need to take a break." He sat up and stretched a little. " I know but I never have time to." She grabbed his shoulders and made him sit down on the patient's bed in her office. He tried to stand back up but she gripped his shoulders tight which made him stop. She walked behind him. "What you need is a massage." She started to work his shoulders. "Jeez, why are they so tense? How long has it been since you've actually relaxed?" She asked worried. He thought for a second. "Um, probably a few weeks ago, maybe last month." "Jeez Jack. You gotta relax at least once a week. That's what weekends are for." She continued to work his shoulders then moved to his neck and that's when he really melted. He closed his eyes and leaned into her hands. She smiled at how cute he looked. He was so calm and quiet it was adorable. Of course, she wouldn't say that to him. She didn't want to deal with him in denial. At least not now. For the time being, she just helped him relax and soon he was napping on the patient bed for a while. A few hours later he woke up as she was getting ready to leave. "Oh, you're up. Hey. I was just getting ready to wake you up so we can get something to eat for dinner." He looked at her confused and smoothed his hair. "Dinner? What time is it? How long was I asleep?" She chuckled and came over to him. "A few hours. I haven't checked the time yet but it's a little late." He stretched. She did a pretty good job on his muscles. He smiled at her and placed a small kiss on her forehead. "Thanks for the massage, Claire." "No problem Jack. You know I'll always take care of you." And that is why he loved her. They left the office and went out to eat at a nice cafe before going back to Claire's, watching some movies, and going to sleep.

Disclaimer: What Jack/Dr. Ghost meant by "working on someone" was that he performed a magic surgery on them. The curse he's referring to is one that stops Claire and him from being together officially and tiq is the magic energy of the world they're in. If anyone wants a more detailed description of things and of lore please comment and I'll do my best to oblige.