14

"Good luck, Marls!" Lily waved dramatically as their very tired roommate slung her broom over her shoulder and started towards the exit, James hurrying to shovel another slice of toast into his mouth before he spun towards the red-head.

"Oi! Whuboutme?" He asked through a mouthful of rushed breakfast, earning a round of laughter even as Lily grimaced.

"Yeah, all she's got to do is whack a ball with a stick! James is the one earning points!" Peter pointed out, the second liveliest at the table. James seemed as if he was running on a full 24 hours of sleep, though according to Marlene, he had been the last one to come down off the pitch last night.

"Nice, Peter." Marlene called back as James thumped Pete softly on the back of the head, grabbing his broom and hurrying after the rest of the team.

"We'll see you out there!" Mary called, the five of them watching as the red and blue uniforms vanished from the Great Hall, marching down towards the quidditch pitch. Charlotte looked up to the sky above their tables, a light snowfall disappearing against the invisible ceiling as they finished up their breakfast, Peter urging them on, anxious to get down, as if the match would start any earlier if enough students showed up.

"Calm down, Pete. We've got plenty of time." Remus said, calmly, taking a final sip of his tea and standing from the table, Peter hopping up to join him at once. "We'll see you lot down there? We'll save you some seats."

"Where's Sirius?" Charlotte asked, looking up at the tall boy a few feet before her, his eyebrows raising slightly before he answered.

"Sleeping, as usual. He claims he set an alarm, but we could go-"

"Not our fault if he's late! He's always late!" Peter piped up.

"We've got to go up anyway. I want a warmer jacket." Lily glanced up to the ceiling once more. Charlotte reached over the table, grabbing a chocolate muffin and an apple and tucking them inside a napkin before starting after her roommates back to Gryffindor tower. They climbed the steps slowly, sleep still lingering in their limbs.

"Can't believe Peter wants to spend any more time out there in this weather." Lily shook her head as they reached the seventh floor landing.

"And they always want to sit so high up." Mary grumbled, muttering the password as the portrait door swung open to let them through.

"Well at least when we're that high up, we get to watch all of James's theatrics for Lily." Charlotte teased, turning up the boys staircase, her friends stopping in their tracks. "I'll wake Sirius up, will one of you bring down my coat? And my hat?" Charlotte trailed off, knowing she would be missing her lost scarf in half an hours time when the wind was whipping through her jacket.

She clambered up the stairs much quicker than she and Sirius had the night before, pausing for a second outside of the boys dorm. At least she knew he would be clothed, as she had watched him fall into bed last night still in his school robes. Just as she raised her hand to knock, the door swung open, a very sleepy looking Sirius shrugging on a thick jacket before his eyes fell on hers, jumping back from the doorway.

"Morning." She smiled at his surprise, holding out his breakfast. "Everyone was quite worried you were going to miss the match."

The corners of his lips twitched into a smile as he grabbed for the muffin, his eyes scanning over her quickly as he took his first bite.

"I'd never hear the end of it if I missed even thirty seconds of a match." He assured. "What are you doing up here, Charlotte?"

"Well, I thought you'd miss breakfast..." She trailed off, his gray eyes fixed onto hers. "And I just thought I'd see if you were alright after-"