The 6th Grade Staircase

Rika died in the middle of fifth grade, Yuta was now in 6th grade and was finishing up school again for a summer off and entrance into 7th grade; beginning his first year of junior high. He was excited to relax for the summer and spend some time with rika. Little did he know everything would be rattled by one small action of an outside party.
When he arrived at school Yuta opened his locker and realized there was a note inside. Confused he grabbed it and opened it up, not noticing a girl purposely trying to stay hidden. The note read 'meet me behind the school after last period.' With a small heart. Yuta blushed brightly when he realized a girl had left this note, but it quickly faded. He didn't want to be around any other girl, and knew he needed to turn her down quickly and quietly. Yuta could feel rika's gaze over his shoulder as her voice echoed in his head
"What's that?" She asked. And yuta quickly crumbled it up and shoved it in his pocket.
"Nothing, rika Chan. Just a stupid note." He answered back internally, quickly glancing back at her to acknowledge he heard her without letting on to others that he sees her. Rika narrowed her eyes for a second, feeling her emotions stir again. But this was a new one. This emotion was unlike spiking rage, this was a more subtle pressure like being enclosed in a vice and squeezed very slowly until you felt like you were gonna pop. She quickly snapped out of it and wrestled the lid back onto her emotions. She regained her cheery disposition in a matter of milliseconds.
"Oh okay! Well it's time for school now, I'll be nearby." Rika chimed before they both walked away from each other at the sound of the school bell. Yuta walked away to his class, Rika's path was a darker one. Instead of going to the library and picking out books she wants in her shrine as she had originally planned to, The discovery of the note sent Rika into a strange spiral; before rika knew it she was actively following the girl. Rika loomed directly behind the girl as a cold oppressive shadow. The jealously's vice grip on her began to squeeze harder and harder. Little did rika know that this jealousy began to literally distort her form into one that was more monstrous. One that not even yuta would recognize, and would forever change his outlook on just exactly why rika continued to cling to the realm of the living long after death.
It was the last class of the day and rika had been following the girl, stewing her jealousy and brewing up a nasty cocktail of cursed energy. So much so, Rika's form distorted along with her emotions. This new form was a giant white mass of flesh with deep vertical indentations running down the bulbous mass that seemed to be it's head. At the back of its head branched off white tendrils that fell behind its long torso so thin its ribs cage protruded at an uncanny angle. It had Sloped down shoulders and a pair proportionally large muscled arms that looked as though that had been skinned and completely drained of all blood giving it an even more uncanny appearance. What topped it all off, was there were no legs on this form; It was simply a mass of sticky black flesh that trailed behind her as she floated across the ground. The girl she stalked behind felt nauseous and heavy. Worst of all, she felt cold. This young girl had never confessed her feelings for anyone before so she didn't know how she was supposed to be feeling exactly, but she didnt think it would be all that different from how she felt slipping the note into Yuta's locker. She had even arrived at school extra early that day so she could slip the note into his locker while totally alone. She did this so no one would see her and be able to tell yuta it was her. She wanted it to be totally anonymous until it was time for her and yuta to meet. Yet now as she sat in her last class of the day,right before she was going to confess her feelings, she didnt feel as good as she had before yuta saw the note.
"Hey Yukari-chan? Are you okay?" a female voice could be heard as rika's head snapped up to glare at the girl who dared to interrupt her stalking. It was yet another girl she didn't recognize.
"Mhm im fine." the girl responded as rika learned the name of the girl who had written the note yuta.
"Yuuuu...kaaaaa...rrrriiiii...!" rika growled as the overhead lights flickered in response to her spiking cursed energy. The other students in the classroom noticed the lights flicker and they spooked each other about it, nudging and teasing in jest. But what they couldn't ignore was the slight temperature drop in the room, which was odd considering it was summer time. Then the teacher walked into the room and called attention as class begun and everyone quickly returned to their seats and began class. Yet everyone was unnerved when the teacher suddenly commented
"Its feels colder in here than all the other rooms...odd." the teacher said as he pulled the rollsheet out and began to take roll. By this time, every student in the room was unnerved and what made it worse was when the teacher said the forbidden name.
"Orimot-" he stopped and gave a puzzled look as he recognized it as the name of the deceased girl who was supposed to be in the class.  Everybody knew about the death of the fifth grader at the hands of her own grandmother via car; there was a small memorial plaque on a bench in the school yard with her name on it. That bench should have been the only thing her name was on. Rika's name had been removed from the roll a while ago. He was puzzled as to how the girl's name reappeared back into the system. He figured it was glitch in the system, but perhaps her name reintegrating itself into the system was a latent effect of her reentering the grounds with mass amounts of cursed energy. The teacher cleared his throat and finished roll before starting the lesson, But Yukari couldn't focus. Her heart was beating relentlessly and her head was swimming. She lost track of time, no- it was almost like she blacked out. The next thing she knew the bell rang, snapping her out of whatever trance she was in.
Though she couldn't see or hear rika, but she could feel her. Rika's cursed energy had essentially been slowly seeping into this girl's aura and weaken her bodily functions. Rika didn't know she was doing this, but it was almost like she couldn't stop. Her thoughts went from normal to nonexistent. Rika wasn't thinking anymore. The jealousy inside her had already twisted her form, now it was actively seeping into a normal human being and poisoning them. Yukari got up and put her things away as her heart began to race even faster if that was possible, it was time to confess to yuta. Though she didnt feel well, yukari wasnt going to back down, she had planned this for too long. A group of her friends asked if she was walking home with them but she declined saying she had something she needed to do, and walked down the hall the opposite way of them. Rika trailed just over her shoulder, uncomfortably close to the girl.
Because of the way the school was structured everyone had to go down two sets of stairs parallel to each other in symmetrical architecture. It was there she spotted yuta at the top of the opposite stairs. Rika also spotted Yuta and looked at him, then at the already blushing and shaking yukari. Rika's emotions began to peak as she realized this was indeed the girl who left that note in yuta's locker. Rika's monstrous hands twitched as a slit began to open up in the mass of white flesh that was now rika's head. What looked like the beginnings of a mouth snarled as it split open into a gaping maw with two distinct rows of razor sharp teeth, Rika let out a shriek only yuta could hear just as he was about to take his first step downstairs. This caught his attention just in time to see an unrecognizable cursed spirit push the young girl as hard as possible- making the poor girl's head whip back in response to the force at her back, then tumbled down the stairs with such a momentum you couldn't tell the difference between the sound of her hitting the stairs and metal railing and her bones snapping clean in half from the force of the impact.
Yuta's vision snapped to tunnel vision as the coldest chill of absolute horror, panic and fear ran down his spine. His knees threatened to give out as his vision blurred in and out of focus. His whole body felt freezing cold, then unbearably hot, and finally numb as he stared at the girl's broken body at the bottom of the opposite staircase. yuta felt as if his heart was going to stop as his vision snapped back to the thing on the stairs that pushed his secret admirer.
'W-what am i seeing? What is that?!' he thought to himself  Students began to scream as they wondered what happened, yelling out asking if she jumped from the top due to the severity of her injuries. Other students quickly began to yell that she tripped down the stairs as the girl began to groan in a painful rasp. Somebody yelled out to call an ambulance as yuta tried to figure out what it was he was looking at. Obviously it was not a human, and no one else could see it- only he could or else everyone would be looking at it rig-
'Yuuutaaa...?' the creature's voice rasped in his head in a heavily distorted yet ever so slightly recognizable voice, every muscle in yuta's body spasmed as he stayed deathly still. Without thinking of those around him and who could be listening, yuta broke his number one rule of staying socially invisible. He took a deep breath and the name slipped out loud as he exhaled

"Rika-Chan?"