A Miracle

On the walk to Yuta's house, rika began to feel more and more uneasy. After spending time in the realm of cursed energy and playing out every scenario she found herself caring for the side characters she created while in faux battle. She had made them in likeness to some other souls she had observed in that realm and she wondered if that had any reason on her sudden sense of empathy. She didn't have that in her earlier time of being a cursed spirit. Her emotions were entirely self centered, they controlled her, she let every whim carry her. But not anymore. A huge mistake she needed to resolve popped into her head.
"Yukari..." she whispered silently as tears threatened to well up in her eyes. She now felt true and deep remorse. Her visit to Yuta was now put on hold. She had a new goal, she was going to heal yukari, no matter how badly injured. She looked back on how badly the poor girls limbs had been totally shattered, she wondered if she'd ever be able to use them again, she wondered...if she still even had them. She knew very well that some injuries are bad enough that limbs sometimes had to be amputated. What was she going to do if the girl had no longer had any limbs? It didn't matter, she was going to restore her back to complete health. Rika got her into this situation, she will now get her out of it. Rika switched her path and began to make a b line for the hospital she assumed yukari was in- if not she'd search every hospital until she found her. And that's exactly what she did.

After being left on the sidewalk that day yuta returned home and slept off the initial shock of what happened. He ignored it for a few days, before deciding he really needed to tell his parents what had happened. He had been avoiding them and his sister for a while not sure how to act around them. His mother left him food outside his door everyday and he did pick at it, but not much. On the fourth day of this isolation he decided it was time to tell the truth. When his mom came to leave him some food he slowly opened the door, revealing a thin boy with very dark circles under his eyes.
"Hey mom, can you call up dad and get him home? We need to talk about what happened on the last day of school last year..." Yuta whispered to his mother. He had planned today because he knew his sister would be out of the house. He didn't want her knowing rika did what, he didn't want rika anywhere near the women in his family. He followed his mother down to the dinner table as she phoned his father. His father rushed home and they all discussed the events of what had happened.
The family had been donating to yukari's hospital for bill payment this whole time, but now those payments held a new sense of purpose. Thanks to the donations yukari was given top notch medical treatment- even some fancy experimental ones that ended up saving her arms so they wouldn't have to amputate.
After Yuta's short story of rika finding the note, then the girl being pushed by an unrecognizable spirit, Yuta's parents were surprisingly calm.
"It sounds like intense jealousy distorted her form." Yuta's father said, and his mother nodded in agreement.
"It's just what a child with power like rika's would do. There's little impulse control, little guidance. It's no wonder what happened, happened." His mother concluded as she got up and hugged yuta, reassuring him it wasn't his fault. He's a child living through abnormal circumstances, ones she should have seen coming knowing her family's line of descent. The only question was what to do now, and where was rika?

"I don't know." Yuta admitted, before realizing there's only one place she could be.
"Probably her shrine. I tried to follow her after she returned to normal, but she ran away. Her family's old house doesn't stand anymore, neither does her grandmothers. There's no where else for her to go." He said sadly as his mother stroked his hair and his father crossed his arms in thought.
"Ill have a friend of mine go over and access her state of being. Once he has made sure she's at her shrine we'll go over and talk with her." yuta's father stated in a soothing voice as he reached for his phone. The father called a friend of his and asked them to check out the spot where they had built rika's shrine. This friend was a special grade sorcerer named Gojo Mitsukeru, but yuta calls him uncle Keru. Keru-San is an expert tracker and special grade sorcerer, if anyone can find rika it'll be him. With only two rings a hearty voice could be heard over the phone exclaiming joyously about receiving a phone call. They're distant relatives, but pretty close friends. Yuta's father got up from the table to continue the conversation away from his son's ears. There was a sense of urgency in his voice, but not enough to concern Yuta. Keru-San asked a few basic questions about rika, the location of her shrine and some information about the the girl she pushed down the stairs. With that, Yuta's father thanked his old friend and hang up the phone.
Yuta and his mother were still in the kitchen discussing the little she knew about curses and cursed energy. He began to find himself very averse to the whole thing, there was too much he didn't know, too much his mom didn't know. It scared him. With what little he knew of cursed energy yuta steeled himself and returned to school for the following semester expecting the usual, but that was not what he got. Instead that little spark of a rumor last summer had turned into a wildfire, everybody looked at Yuta with fear or willful ignorance. When before he'd be greeted with at least a few smiles, now he was met with only the cold shoulders of his classmates. Yuta shrunk into himself more, and sat in his seat. He decided he would be as quiet as humanly possible and as far off anybody's radar as he could get. This continued for a long while, much longer than yuta could have ever anticipated.
On a normal day while yuta was at school Yuta's father's phone rang while he was at work. It was Keru-san.
"Yo Keru-"
"Come to Xxxxxx Hospital right now. You wont believe what im witnessing. Bring your wife as well, she'd never dreamt of seeing this." keru-san said before hanging up the cellphone abruptly, giving yuta's father no chance to answer back. Nonetheless he grabbed his coat and called an early lunch, called his wife to meet him at the hospital and sped off in his car.
Keru stood outside the hospital smoking a cigarette as he looked up at a window on the 5th floor. Normal people couldn't see it, but he could clearly see the residuals in the shape of small footsteps. They were unlike any cursed spirit residuals he'd ever seen, they glowed an almost beautiful pink and green hue. Whereas normal cursed spirits gave off a sickening blackish purple, the color of decaying human flesh long dead on a humid summer day. For particularily sensitive sorcerers they could smell the residual as well, like vomit and bile- something that once dwelled deep within a human exposed to air oxidizing and fuming its miasmas into the air around. These pink and green residuals smelled of summer flowers and wet grass, like the bank of a calm river where wildflowers grew. It was truly bizarre, until he followed the small footsteps to an ICU room where a small girl laid with metal rods in her arms, and legs, and a neck brace supporting her spine. From the outside it seemed as though the girl was lying still in a coma. But he could see right through the veil that had been erected, and what he saw was beyond belief.
Next to the bed stood a cursed spirit deep in meditation, her hand resting on the hand of the girl next to her. From yukari's feet up, Rika was carefully using cursed energy to remove the rods and screws and every painful thing the doctors had placed in the young girl to try to heal her, and then going in with reverse cursed energy and completely restoring every joint, muscle,ligament, bone, and skin that had been damaged. When he first arrived she had begun by using only cursed energy to get the small screws and other metal restoratives out, he thought rika was trying to kill the girl once and for all, until he saw the unmistakeable shinning white flows of reverse cursed energy being fed into the girls body and restoring her completely as she slept.
By the time yuta's parents arrived rika had completely restored the girl's lower half and had begun working on her upper half. They were astonished at what they were witnessing. Rika was so deep into the realm of cursed energy she had no clue a special grade sorcerer and two parental sorcerers were spying in on her. After all, she was only worried about normal people seeing what she was doing. humanity could only witness after she was done. After she had healed yukari completely. The three stood there in absolute silence as they watched rika complete the absolute restoration of yukari. All the metal bits and casts had been precisely removed with it lying on the floor all over the room. Yukari laid in the bed, in perfect condition as though nothing had ever happened to her. With that rika brought herself back out of the realm of cursed energy and surveyed her work. She was exhausted, she didnt even know she could feel exhausted in this state of being. Her knees buckled underneath her forcing her to the floor. To anyone who could see cursed spirits normally she'd look like a solid girl but right now after using such intense levels of not only cursed energy but also reverse cursed energy, she looked more like the faint glow of a girl. her distinguishing features only barely visible. It was then her veil began to drip away and she finally noticed the presence of the three people looking directly at her. She gave a weak smile as the tears that threatened to well up in her eyes before finally came flowing like a dam had burst. Knowing fully well only those three could hear her, rika began to violently sob and clutch at her chest. Remorse and sadness drowned her as she began to speak
"Im so sorry, I wont hurt anyone innocent ever again...she didn't deserve to hurt..." rika's voice began to fade, signifying her main essence was being pulled from the hospital back to its main source of power, her shrine.
"I think..im being pulled back..to the lovely shrine you made me..im really tired..im sorry..im sorry..." she said as she faded away from the hospital room. The three adults were beyond stunned. They had just watched a cursed spirit use reverse cursed energy to heal a human it had harmed. This was completely and absolutely unheard of, and completely against jujutsu society rules, Special Grade curse Orimoto Rika was now on the radar of gojo mitsukeru, and thus the radar of the jujutsu higher ups. Just the thought of this shook yuta's parents and made his mother short of breath. The higher ups are endlessly strict, this could become a huge problem.
"Lets go. Before they find this 'little' miracle your son's friend just made happen." keru-san whispered to the two of them as they nonchalantly walked away from the room and out of the hospital.

With yukari was now healed and her fate restored, yuta's on the other hand, was not.