Rising Questions

It took 3 days of hard thinking for Yuta's parents to reveal to him what rika did, and only because the jujutsu higher ups were doing everything in their power to make it seem like less of a miracle than it truly was. Yuta was overwhelmed with emotion, tears spilled from his eyes rapidly as the relief of knowing yukari was okay washed over him. He felt his body relax, as if he had been holding his breath this entire time yukari was in the hospital. This relief was short lived as They then told yuta they were all now on powerful people's radar and they had to be careful. Rika especially had to be careful. His parents were careful with their wording, assuring that they'd protect him no matter what and that friends would help them no matter what.  Yuta didn't feel too afraid though, in fact he felt angry and threatened.

"What do you mean? Rika did a good thing! She fixed her mistake, she felt true remorse! She even said she'd never hurt anyone innocent again! Why would they try to take her away from me again?!" Yuta asked with obvious anger in his voice. His parents sat a little stunned, they thought he'd be afraid at the fact powerful people were now looking at him and rika, but instead his response was to be brave, and to defend rika.

"It's alright, son. They won't get Rika. Your mother has been contacting some family members and I've been chatting with some old colleagues, and they're all on your side. They all agree something is different about rika, she's retained her human form, and the fact she not only shows genuine remorse but also action to fix her mistakes is what's so special about her. It's not only us on her side, she's got lots of allies rooting for her." His father said as he reassured him that if this would turn into a fight, they wouldn't be fighting alone. His mother then added on

"Remember what we said at the beginning of all this? About rika-Chan?" She smiled kindly and yuta felt his insides warm up with happiness.

"That we wouldn't give up on her." He proudly stated.
"That's right. And we meant that. So don't worry okay? Rika is currently resting after working so hard on healing Yukari, Keru-san has her hidden away while she recovers her strength. I'm sure you'll be able to see her soon. Just be patient, okay?" She smiled and hugged him tightly, internally Thanking the gods that Keru-San was on their side.

Amazingly he was able to erase this very first incident from the records. On top of that He was doing everything in his power to keep the higher up's independent trackers from finding rika and her shrine. Thankfully her little stunt at the hospital had completely drained her and she was fast asleep under her covers in her bed. The only problem now, was that she was infinitely more vulnerable in this weakened state. He had to set up the strongest veil he could. Judging by her energy levels she'd be unconscious for at least a week as her shrine replenished her energy levels. He would need to make sure the veil want not only impenetrable from the outside, unnoticeable enough to stay hidden, and deterring enough to keep people from poking around the general area.
With that in mind he called upon the realm of cursed energy to pour out a veil

"Yami yori idete yami yori kuroku sono kegare o misogiharae."
Keru-san whispered as he programmed the veil with his intent.

Once it was up he took a step back and surveyed his work. To any sorcerer or tracker this veil would be impossible to see, all they'd see is a group of burial mounds long abandoned surrounded by thick bushes of dead roses and sharp thorns.

'That should do it.' Keru-San thought to himself as he walked away to take care of more business covering up rika's residuals. She was so tired, she didn't even try to cover her tracks. The hospital room was filled with residuals from her, but it now sat empty and cornered off by tape. Apparently the hospital didn't know what to do about their little miracle so they kept it as quiet as possible, there was no report of it in the news, and the girl and her family had been relocated in secret by jujutsu higher ups posing as government officials. This was probably for the best, as miracles of that caliber are essentially unheard of and must be kept under wraps. It's a good thing the real government didn't get their hands on her and run tests on her to try and figure out what happened. The girl was healed, just let her live her life now. A quiet, uneventful, silent if she knew what was good for her, life.

Keru-San sighed. All of this seemed so odd, it was unnatural. Orimoto Rika had no ties to jujutsu families, yet her mother is dead from drowning in a tub while her daughter was in it. Her father's disappeared without a single trace with all his things left behind on a mountain. The girl herself is hit and killed by her own grandmother. Grandmother then drives to the same mountain the girls father disappeared on,  takes off her seatbelt and drives full speed into a tree. Everywhere this girl goes tragedy follows, could this just be an odd coincidence? It certainly didn't feel like just a coincidence to Keru-San, in fact this whole situation felt like the orchestration of something else. These three humans either died trying to stop whatever is in motion, or got caught up in the motion and run over entirely. He needed to look more into the very first death. If this woman was messing with forces she didn't understand in order to achieve a goal, that could have started this whole string of extremely unfortunate and bloody events.

Little did Keru-San know just how right and how wrong his intuition would be. Keru was a brilliant man who has been around for a while and paid attention to what those around him were talking about. Based on information he's gathering, a strange birth has like this has a certain Man's name written all over it. He wondered...was this one of kenjaku's experiments went awry?
'There's no way...' he thought to himself while Popping a tab off a beer. he leaned against a tree not far from her shrine, he knew for a fact no one would find it- his specialty is strong veils after all. He still wanted to stay very close though, just in case. Even though He's the perfect person to call if you have something you want to hide. He's a king of secrets with his barrier techniques second only to Tengen's. Something about this entire situation bothered him to his very core. As if fate was staring him in the face and taunting him with the key to it all.