Careless with your life.

(3239 words)

September 26th 2011

'Hi, I'm here to see Doctor Myers.' You told the woman at reception.

'Ah yes, Agent Y/l/n is it?' The lady asked. You nodded in response. 'She'll be out in one moment.'

'Okay.' You replied, turning towards the seats and looking around. 'I don't suppose you have a bin in here do you?'

'Uh, well there's one in the bathroom.' The lady replied. 'Management got us to remove the ones in here so that we could keep the room smelling fresh.' She rolled her eyes, giving you the impression she wasn't best pleased that she had to take a trip to the loo every time she wanted to throw a coffee cup away.

'Got it.' You replied, walking towards the toilets.

You pushed the door open and walked towards the other end of the room. You took a quick glance at the label on the fruit pot and worked out how many calories were in the third of a pot you'd eaten.

That's not too bad.

When you heard a toilet flush behind you, you pressed your foot onto the pedal of the bin and tossed the food.

'I'm assuming you've heard from Moira about our bin ban in the waiting room, then?' A voice asked from behind you.

You turned around as Myers was walking out of a cubicle towards the sink.

'Ah, yeah.' You replied, smiling. 'Seems a little daft to me.'

Myers nodded, before looking down at her hands as she washed them.

'It's good to see you, Y/n.' She said.

'Yeah, you too.' You replied. 'I'll be in the waiting room.'

You crossed the room and pulled open the door as you heard the hand dryers start behind you.

You'd only just got sat down before Myers called you into her office.

'How are you doing today?' She asked.

'I'm good thanks, yourself?' You asked back.

'Yeah...' Myers looked at you suspiciously, 'I'm good.'

You sat down on the chair, crossing one leg over the other and wrapping your arms around yourself.

'What happened yesterday?' Myers asked as she got settled too.

'I'm sorry for missing our appointment.' You said anxiously. 'I just wasn't in the mood.'

Tell a little bit of the truth so they don't expect it all.

'How come?' She asked, tilting her head slightly.

'It's just... you know, I'm not used to talking about my feelings much.' You told her. 'Once a week is bearable, but I guess I wasn't ready for two days in a row.'

'But you're ready now?' She checked. 'To talk?'

'Uh... yeah.' You replied. 'Hotch wants me to so...'

'So you're not here because you want to be?' She asked.

'No I am...' You corrected yourself. 'I just meant Hotch is the one who actually encouraged me to come.'

Myers took a deep breath in and you suddenly got the impression she wasn't best pleased with you.

'Okay, how about we start with what happened yesterday.' She began.

'Okay, sure.' You nodded. 'Um, I spoke with Hotch, like we discussed. And I have a plan in place to speak to Emily and JJ.'

'A plan?' Myers repeated.