dos

Sunoo always knew he was different. It had started as small crushes on the same sex. He never questioned them, but he never voiced them out. He'd had a crush on Heeseung the first few days of the survival show (who hadn't?), but of course he'd said nothing.

There was too much to lose.

After the first few months of living with the guys that would be his band members, he decided he would come out. It was easy, right? Just tell them those three words and then get over it. He was sure none of them would judge him or hate him for being... different.

But it was scary. So he decided to let it go, for a while. Then Eunsae came along, and everything in between debuting, and being an idol... and life had been too hectic for him to be ready, or feel like it was a good time, to say it out loud.

He was eleven when he came to terms with his sexuality. It was nothing he could change, nothing he could wipe off or wash off himself. It was a part of him, a part of who Kim Sunoo was, and he was not ashamed of it. But he was scared, of course.

He had to live in a society like the Korean society, so advanced in technology and architecture,  but that was so late to social issues like sexuality, immigrants... the community. Sunoo felt like he was trapped within himself, like even if he screamed those three words to everyone, there was nothing that would change, nothing that would make a difference from before and after.

So he kept to himself. He didn't want to be a burden, and making a scene and probably the headlights of every single news outlet was definitely being a burden. So he'd say nothing. For a while it was okay; saying nothing. He had work, and his friends, and there was never a dull moment in his life.

Except that it was all about to change. Drastically.

The moment he'd first seen CIELO was when he debuted. It was a couple of months after TXT, being the second soloist BigHit had debuted. He was gorgeous, to say the least. His baritone voice was like sweet honey, dripping with rich lyrics and a soulful R&B drop as a base.

It was no secret CIELO was one of Sunoo's favorite artists. Of course, he loved BTS and TXT, so much as colleagues as idols, but CIELO was actually an artist he had an inkling was deep and thoughtful, and he hadn't had the chance to meet him.

Until he did.

It was a normal day. Eunsae and Sunghoon being completely and utterly in love, making everyone else either swoon or want to puke. That day, Sunoo was feeling particularly lonely and caged in his sexuality secret, so he felt like the later lately. Mostly every day.

They had had a meeting with the promotions team, and had been assigned each a mentor. This was for future projects and to gain knowledge on being a soloist for when the time came.

Lee Hyun would be coaching Jungwon and Jake. Baekho would be coaching Jay, and Heeseung; while Nana would be coaching Eunsae. Zico would be coaching Sunghoon and Dvwn would help Riki. Finally, Sunoo would be coached by CIELO.

"Why the arrangement? Well, we think these artists will either help bring out the best in you that you still have hidden, or strengthen your talents and make them shine", Sihyuk stated.

They'd be trained one on one, or two on one, for about four months, and the teams to come up with the best projects would earn the solo-artist debut for the mentees in Enhypen and a three-month long vacation for the mentor.

They were handed their new schedules, and off they went. Sunoo had all mornings from Monday to Thursday during the morning from nine to twelve, and on fridays he'd have a whole day to be mentored by CIELO.

CIELO was just the most precious human being ever. Sunoo sometimes turned on his videos promoting his new singles, or just funny moments, or his own take on BTS' Run BTS –a variety show in which he teamed up against Lena, another HYBE soloist to complete missions and eventually win a very shitty price at the end of the season by counting points– when he felt sad or needed to lift up his mood.

CIELO's smile was so beautiful and it literally lit up the whole room, and Sunoo wondered how on earth he'd survive this new schedule, having to face the beautiful man  every single day he came to work. He certainly thought he'd make a fool of himself.

What he didn't think of was how, exactly.

Well, he ended up drenched in pink slushy, on the floor with his hair stuck to his forehead and feeling sticky everywhere.

"Well, hello", CIELO giggled with his low toned voice. He squatted next to Sunoo and brushed the hair out of his forehead with those cute and soft fingers of his. "I guess you're Sunoo?"

"Kill me now".

CIELO giggled. He giggled and Sunoo suddenly forgot he was sticky, and that he was very much looking at the other boy with heart-eyes.