22

Jungkook looked at two of his men while they picked all of her things up, putting them in a black roller, while trying as hard as possible to avoid her confused look. She didn't know what was going on, but she also didn't dare to ask for an explanation from him after he looked at her the way he did when throwing the phone against the wall.

—Sir —another man in a black suit got his attention from the door—, Choi Sanhyuk's men have arrived.

He sighed at that, again being thrown back at the conversation they had in his office, and that almost got him losing his patience.

—You should've made an appointment —he said, when Sanhyuk's sided smile appeared in his vision zone.

—Thought you were the one who wanted to speak with me —he sat on one of the chairs in front of the desk, laying on his back comfortably—. Maybe you should be the one making the appointment. I have more important things to do than dealing with your shit.

—Yet you're here —he shrugged.

—What is it?

He wanted to tell him he caught him off guard, that he got his -probably- only source to all the information he could've gathered from him. It wasn't hard to set the links all together, but the fact that Jihu was the only one with direct contact with Y/n, and that every single time she sneaked away she casually met with Sanhyuk, made him suspicious of several things. He was just trying to link two points together and called Sanhyuk in, in hopes that the man his father trusted the most wouldn't be playing such a dirty game behind his back.

—I'll say this clearly: —he stood up— stop messing around with my people —that only made him earn a scoff from the man who was sitting in front of him—. If you want to use somebody like Jihu, at least be lowkey enough so it won't be too obvious.

Sanhyuk's laugh took him completely by surprise, making him frown while rage was building up inside of him. If he knew there would be no consequences, he probably would've surrounded the table to just smack his face against it. But he knew he'd probably run back to his dad about it, and it wasn't a problem he didn't want to deal with, not that he could either. Especially not after what happened at the party.

—Jihu? That's where your good investigation skills took you to? —he arched his eyebrows— You should improve that, or else it'll go pretty bad for you in this business.

He didn't know what he meant. Although of course he'd deny it was Jihu. There was no way he'd admit to ever doing such a thing as sticking his nose in his business, knowing how bad it could turn up to him and his family.

—It's someone closer to you —he sang playfully, bending his body a bit forward to tease him—. Actually, you have that person here right now.

Jungkook thought deeply about who it could be, but among all the people that had access to any information about Y/n, it was only her. And then was when he was aware, the realization hitting every single one of his features in front of Sanhyuk. But he was sure he was only playing with him. There was no way Y/n could've had a way to contact him. He was definitely deceiving him to take his attention away from his real source.

For further confirmation, Sanhyuk replayed one of their latest conversations over the phone, enjoying every single second and every single wrinkle that showed up on Jungkook's face as he was holding back from saying anything.

—I'll be fast —he started, as soon as he stopped the conversation—. I was going to claim Y/n, and I have several witnesses at the party that would confirm it, I also have the phone call that would prove she was linked to me as well. You bursted in the middle of the whole thing before I could avoid it, which would be considered treason among families —he stood up—. That wouldn't only violate the whole pact among our families, but would also start a war that you nor either of the other six shit heads want to start.