26

Jungkook waited patiently for the doctor to be done with Y/n. Joonwoo had looked after his family, and after all the Bangtan members for decades. He was the same one that looked after his father after he was shot, and who looked after his health until the very end.

His stomach straightened when he remembered the way her eyes closed while her body collapsed, close to falling to the ground if he hadn't been fast enough to pick her up before that could happen. He carried her all the way from the main door to what was her room, hurrying Yejun to call Joonwoo and get him to his house as soon as possible. And he made sure not to leave her side. At least until his doctor asked him to wait outside, so he could work better. She was in good hands after all.

He waited, sitting on the first step of the stairs, glancing every once in a while over his shoulder, hopeful that Joonwoo would come out with good news. Although he was caught off guard when that happened, surprised by him being mid way towards the stairs. Jungkook tried to read his expression before he spoke, looking for any glimpse of worry to go a step ahead of what he was going to say, but he just was neutral.

—She is okay —he assured, placing his glasses over the bridge of his nose with his middle finger—. She had a vasovagal syncope. If she lived a triggering event, it's normal that her heart rate dropped and caused her to faint. She'll recover from it.

—So, she's okay? —he asked again, needing a second confirmation.

—She is —Joonwoon nodded—. But she seems to be in an early stage of malnutrition. Could be that also caused her to pass out —moving his briefcase from one hand to the other, he continued—. She has several bruises and wounds on her body, but it doesn't seem like anything is fractured or could've led to a more serious condition. So if you're worried about that being the cause, it's not. Just let her rest, make her eat and make sure she's in a relaxed environment.

—Thank you.

Shrugging, Joonwoon said all he needed to say without words. The Jeon family had been protecting his family for years, giving them all the good treats that they could think of and also paid him for his work. There was nothing to be thankful for, because that was what he needed to do.

Jungkook looked at Yejun, who instantly walked from her door to his boss as soon as he was aware.

—Tell everyone to leave. Or, at least, tell them I don't want them inside the house.

Yejun didn't bother to know why. He didn't really need to. He understood Y/n would need to be calm, and seeing the house filled with men dressed with expensive suits, watching her every move, wouldn't work out.

✸ ✸ ✸

Y/n woke up suddenly, sitting fast on the bed as she managed to find out where she was. Last time she passed out, she woke up in the hospital, tied to a whistling noise from a machine and being told that she almost died in the middle of the street. And she would have if Jorge hadn't found her and taken her to the hospital.

Brushing those memories aside, and moving her hand away from her belly,

she looked around, trying to tell the figures of the furniture apart in the dark. Her heart was beating fast, and she thought she'd be close to collapsing again at the idea of everything being just a dream. She was scared of turning the light on, unable to think of what she'd do if she actually was back in the room she had spent the last three weeks in.

She breathed deeply, and regained some control when the LED lights showed her the place she never thought she'd miss. It looked the exact same way it did before she left.

Her body felt funny as she dragged it over the mattress, leaving her feet hanging on one side as she tried to encourage herself to stand up. It just took her a minute. And even then, she stumbled at the first step she took.