23

Jungkook moved his thumb over the titanium ball of his eyebrow piercing, focusing too much on the slippery touch of the piece of jewelry while his mind was busy with just one thing: Y/n. It had been weeks since she left, and he still wasn't able to understand how all of it happened in front of him. As much as he tried to find an explanation to it, it just made no sense. Even if it could've happened right up in his nose, he wasn't able to tell how she could get all the information. She didn't know Korean to understand anything that could be of use, and she was too busy trying to get her ass in problems to worry about his issues.

He found the phone, he found the texts, but there was something off about all of it. Sanhyuk clearly didn't want her as a scoop -he was convinced there was someone else, and that was why Jihu was still under supervision in one of the safe houses that he had spread all over Korea.

Either way, soon the word was spread all over his family. The seven members of the Bangtan family agreed on keeping that deal with Sanhyuk as a secret so it wouldn't get any bigger, and also congratulated Jungkook after taking a good decision. He knew that if he hadn't done what Sanhyuk wanted, the other six bosses would've jumped at his throat and also forced him to leave his position -the same position his dear father left him.

Although he couldn't disagree more about the decision...

—Don —he rolled his eyes when he heard Siu's voice breaking the silence.

—I told you not to call me like that.

—Sorry —the young man apologized, taking a hesitating step towards his desk—. Jihu said he wants to talk.

That sentence got Jungkook moving his eyes from the gray wall to the gangster, confused at the sudden change of opinion from the person who used to be his man of trust. But it wasn't like he was able to think straight, when his brain was focused on getting answers finally.

Soon he stood up from his chair and was ordering his driver to get him to the same place he locked Jihu in, and that everyone in his crew knew of -because he made sure they'd take turns to look after him, and also create awareness indirectly by seeing what could happen to them if they ever thought about betraying him. Not like it really worried him. In general, he was well-respected, most of the people working for him would look down whenever he passed by, and would take a bullet for him any time. But it was better to make sure something like that wouldn't happen again.

He stepped inside the room, seeing a beaten Jihu kneeling on the floor, with both of his arms on each side of his body. He barely could recognize him, his swollen face -by the several hits- were covered in blood, that was rolling down the -already- dry stains.

—Hope you have something interesting to say —Jungkook mentioned, lazily letting his head fall slightly to the back.

—I really don't know what he wants from Y/n —he assured him.

Jungkook breathed deeply, slightly closing his eyes before he was completely focused on the man kneeling in front of him.

—You took her to him —after reminding him that, he squatted in front of Jihu—, didn't you? —the old man just looked down— I'm sure you also kept him updated on everything related to Y/n, so tell me —grabbing him by the hair, nails almost digging on his scalp, to force his barely open eyes to stare into his own—: you did all of that without a fucking explanation? Do you really think I will buy that you acted blindly? —his tattooed hand pulled from his hair, gaining a complaint from the man.

—Sometimes you just need to act blindly —he muttered—. You've kept coming here time and time again, every day, and you always get the same answer. I don't really know what he wants to do with her.